A Little Off The Top---Please

morning of day 4--Tinmann and i were in the shop by 6:30am, he wanted a panel finished before he left for the PTP country ,so he could show me how shrinking discs work

100_2038.jpg

100_2041.jpg

100_2043.jpg

100_2045.jpg

100_9410.jpg

100_9411.jpg

100_9412.jpg

Daryl--Chad--Wayne--Dana--Matt--Garrett--where did everyone go? I miss you guys already!

100_9413.jpg

Last edited:
100_9415.jpg

100_9416.jpg

100_9418.jpg

visibility out the rear window is fantastic---wiindow doesn't lay flat even though it is chopped

100_9423.jpg

Last edited:
It was a whirlwind 4 days--long days--lots of laughs and not much blood letting except Tinmann (once)--and an extreme amount of learning--it boggles the mind how much knowledge on metal shaping Tinmann has and was more than willing to share with us--he is certainly "Da Mann" and I bow to him--
Tinmann came from Prince George--Mel and Wayne and Chad from Quesnel--Garrett from Enderby--Matt from Logan lake--it is my pleasure to call you friends and to have worked with you and I look forward to the next project with you all--then there is my buddy Dana--we still have a lot to do but I look forward to finishing this one then doing your shoebox-

Da Boss, Davey Joe, was overlooking the whole job and we felt like he was right there calling us "cornholers" and I know there were lots of looks towards his picture over the door:D

Very nice work. You guys in Kamloops really know your stuff, thanks for taking the time to show this very difficult chop - its an inspiration to me to get going on my 53 Ford.:)

..great work you guys and thx for the pics. I'm going to call it a 'mystery chop' cuz when it is all finished, nobody will be able to figure out how you did it...confounds the eye and hurts the brain....

Nice work guys!......Wish I coulda been there!.....gonna look bitchin when it's done....it looks bitchin now!

Hi folks out there in 'rodder' land....this is Steph aka Pepper aka The Old Broad.I just want to say a few words regarding Da Chop, to the 'rodder' world out there.* I just witnessed four days of the most selfless, hard-working, fun-loving bunch of people whose common thread was the love of cars and each other.* I'm am in awe.* I was once a 'one man woman' but not any longer....I love 'em all !!* When they pulled out of the driveway today and headed for home, Bobby and I stood in the breeze-way and shed a few tears, Bob because he's so grateful and I because he's so happy My heart swells. And to you out there in Canadian Rodder Land, your words of encouragement via computer and phone calls was greatly appreciated by everyone involved, young and old, male and female you were all just as much a part of this 'Chop' as if you'd been here!
And that's my two cents worth and one more time.....THANK YOU xoxox

Last edited:
Nice work everyone that a chalenging chop and you guys made it look easy! Nicely done. One lucky fella hunter, good friends with a common love affair and a cool project..

Bash

Awesome guys. Brings back fond memories of another group of great canadian rodders.

Can't wait to see this one all done. Looks great!

yep good planning and a lot of good freinds and things just seem to get done

ausome job there guy's!!

I'm home..... and fed...... yet again......

Some thoughts........... ever had the experience of spending some time around some quality people and had the feeling that they've been your friend forever?

That observation falls short when I think of the time spent under Bob and Steph's roof (primarily in the kitchen area). Those two feel like family. Steph, you went above and beyond the call of duty in welcoming us into your home and for that I am eternally grateful. Bob, you're a really nice boy but not such a good listener..... you can expect a little return package in the mail.

Matt (Dumprat) and Garett (BCT), it was a pleasure to work along side the two of you. We need to do it again.

Krusty, Wayne and Melvin, and Chad ..... we had fun, eh?

But the car looks bitchin'..... at least I think so, and the time and effort spent was worth it.

'til next time........... Daryl

...reading these responses from Steph, Tinmann, Bob, kinda makes my eyes puddleup....this is what it's all about folks...look and learn....

Reading this post brings back memories of youth. We USED to do the same thing around here....I wonder where it went???
Seeing these guys come together to do a rightous job on someone else's car reminds me that the Lil' cornholler had an effect much further and wider than just the PTP country. Good on you guys for keeping the spirit going

And it's really nice to see some one actually converting to "lovin' all of them"!!! MEN... that is.... MEN

It was a lot of fun helping with this chop.
This to me is what hotrodding is all about,friends and cars.
Everyone involved shared their talents and the car came out excellent!
I'm proud to say these guys are my friends,and can't wait for the next time we can do this.

And by the way,the pics don't do this car justice,its way cooler in person!

First would like to thank Hunter and Steph for thier hospitaly, generousity and warmth for making us all feel at home. I would like to thank Dana for letting us crash at his home.
It was great meeting Garret BCT and Matt Dumprat from the rodder site

Tinnman just as his name implies his metal work is awesome as the plans for the chop changed course, Tinmann decided to throw all reserch aside and did it his way and it turned out coool!!!
As Chad and Garret took turns inside the car like an oil drum as tinmann beat, hammered and rained sparks on them, end results were awesome
And Chad what can I say about you you are always there when you are needed. What a great bunch of guy and gals and Iam proud to call you my friends.

And for all you Guys out there Melvin Is a girl.

"AND JUST REMEMBER THE GNOME WAS WATCHING YOU CORNHOLERS THE WHOLE TIME"