'56 2dr Ford wagon

Al. Have you got this down in Arizona with you?

Cool looking ride :)

No, it's in Parksville with the panel replacement started. I should be too old to get back into this stuff but whatever, I love the 56 wagons especially the Parklane's. This is NOT but will be badged as such ...

Last edited:
As we speak, the flames have settled into ashes, never to rise again. New look means two tone seaspray/colonial white. Or if it takes too long could be black for hearse:p

Saved a few shots to post during the rebuild so as not to clog up the site with "every once in a while shots" BUT lost all my saved photos, so will take a few soon but it's wrapped up for paint. After that it'll be in my garage stripping out the ultra narrowed rear & Detroit locker & doing a 4 bar or finding a local frame back half. I have a 9" right width & brought back a new 3rd member with a normal posi. It has bars now but not suitable for street. The bulk head is there so 50/50 on doing going 4 bar or frame/leaf. Any thoughts??

Updating the SLOW progress
utf966o.jpg

1fdQ4p1.jpg

q5EnRNo.jpg

xChlZ2L.jpg

Exterior is mostly together. He promised 4 months at the outset for body/paint but after 1 1/2 yrs I brought it home to finish here. He'd work 1-4 hours SOME days but mostly zero. A friend is doing some redo's & helped with refits. I found a sticker on the ECM with an old web address so dialed same & found it hadn't been updated since 2010 but I sent an email with photos anyway. 2 days later I got an email from Ron Francis! Turns out they took over the small shop that made the stuff to transition to the modular motor. Next day I got 10 pages of how to & what to look for info!!! That is some kind of rare service!! They also id'ed the engine as a 2003 Mercury Marauder 4.6 which they said is a 2003/4 Mach1 dohc 300hp. Now I have to pick through & make it all right. Many atta boy's for Ron Francis & especially his ecm guru Keith Conrad. :)

Was just rummaging through the build pages...have you done anything else on it.? That is a sharp car and would really like to see more of your build.

Was just rummaging through the build pages...have you done anything else on it.? That is a sharp car and would really like to see more of your build.
I've had a couple of med blips so I'm stalled but once I can find storage for the other car, out of the rain, I'll be on it. The shot on the left shows it as it is now but needs rear suspension work, including frame surgery & upholstery. Maybe by summer.

I'm back in the saddle I hope, so starting the interior which is work I've never done. Putting the door windows in & 1st the window tracks. They are supper stiff but have to do a 90 in the top arch . I'm wondering if these stiff aftermarket tracks can be heat gunned to bend easier or will it peel the plastic chrome off? Is there a better way?