55 IH Cabover build

Ok been a while but got a bunch done. Did a little work on the rear fenders didn't like the bulky look of them. So I trimmed them down a little.

78.jpg

79.jpg

Then added a little to back of the deck.

80.jpg

81.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the results.
82.jpg

So this weekend I found a sleeper finally was cheap 200$ but needs lots of work in the sense to fit the truck right.

It's a little to wide and tall all at the same time haha.

83.jpg

84.jpg

So on forth with the disassembly.

85.jpg

86.jpg

87.jpg

And more disassembly.

88.jpg

89.jpg

90.jpg

Make a little room in the cab
91.jpg

92.jpg

93.jpg

So after a weekend of trashing we have now narrowed it by 11" and shortened it 13".

94.jpg

Now after chopping up the flares.

95.jpg

So this is where I'm at as I now am sectioning the roof down 6", let the fun times with fiberglass begin.

96.jpg

So got some more done getting closer little at a time :)

Started building the skirting for under the sleeper. Also removed and raised the lower step to even out with the frame.

97.jpg

98.jpg

Also got the the sleeper frame all built up.

99.jpg

Time to bust out the louver press punch some holes.

100.jpg

101.jpg

102.jpg

The look so far diggin it.

103.jpg

Next was an access door for the ramps which I haven't made yet haha.

104.jpg

105.jpg

Should be enough room for em also will be a winch in there some day.

106.jpg

List is getting short now got my steering all buttoned up and got my rear line lock in place just have to bleed the brakes. Start laying some mud soon and get some primer on the works.

Parting shot

107.jpg

OK thanks for that ..... did you get any pics of the Rodeo steering joints mated together ?

Got something for ya here.

First bit that you have seen already

steering1.jpg

Second I finally got my other ujoint in there and going back to my other Rodeo box. After than it just connects to the original Caddy steering box though the original steering shaft.

steering2.jpg

steering3.jpg

That's going to be a fine piece rolling down the road, and blending the sleeper in is looking some nice.
Thanks for showing me the Rodeo links, that's thinking outside the box.

Got lots of updates as it's been a while.

So got at this point I got it in primer

118.jpg

Got my side door all done still need to make my ramp supports inside yet though.

108.jpg

Also made some sides for the deck

109.jpg

110.jpg

Then the other week I threw some paint on her.

111.jpg

112.jpg

113.jpg

114.jpg

115.jpg

First delivery with the unit last night.

116.jpg

117.jpg

....that looks just great...congrats. Now with so many interesting projects cluttering up your yard, you can use that beautiful hauler to deliver all that crap to me....I'll take good care of it......haha