2011 World of Wheels, Winnipeg MB

Boyd Who

Here's the pics I promised!
00021.JPG

00022.JPG

00025.JPG

00028.JPG

00029.JPG

This is the Winnipeg car that was wrecked a year or two ago. I liked it alot better as a retro styled rod.
00032.JPG

00033.JPG

00037.JPG

00038.JPG

00039.JPG

Wow, thanks for sharing the show, I didn't go this year due to using any funds we had to take the family to Mexico. I sure miss when I can't go to a World of Wheels. Thanks again it helped. :D

Just to be curious,

What in the H.E. double hockey sticks is the blue thing with the reverse gull wing doors supposed to be????

I'm guessing the phaeton is Forzley's car?? I don't think I've ever seen pics of it finished. I saw it years ago in the fabrication stage. I still have the rear fenders that Bob had on that car during its early stages of the build.

Good to see Duane had the "economy car" in the show (black Willys).

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the pics, looks like it was a good show and it looks like you got to meet Gene Winfield.

Al, Great show. Super pictures. I had my pic taken with Gene too... after asking him for some advice about chopping my 54 Monarch! But then Gene insisted on getting a picture taken with my daughter Victoria. Victoria was thrilled, and now wants to learn everything she can about Gene Winfield! She was also surprised and delighted Saturday evening when, at a Vintage Cruisers screening of "Deuce of Spades" at the old CP Station in Portage, she saw Winfield and Bill Hines in the movie!

P.S. Anyone got "an old truck" they want to sell to this girl who starts driver training this fall? She says she wants a early to mid 50's or 40's truck. She likes both Fords and Chevys! Go figure, a ballerina who wants a truck! lol

IMG00121.jpg

Great pics Al, thanks for posting.
I see several rides (dountown brown model a, orange beatnick bandit brother and that blue banshi thingymebob) are making the rounds of the ISCA shows.

(PS.. think this thread actually belongs in th General Event forum under Manitoba)

Last edited:
Just to be curious,

What in the H.E. double hockey sticks is the blue thing with the reverse gull wing doors supposed to be????
I really don't know what it was supposed to be. They had a big video screen going with information on the car but I'm too ADD to stand around watching it. :p

I'm guessing the phaeton is Forzley's car?? I don't think I've ever seen pics of it finished. I saw it years ago in the fabrication stage. I still have the rear fenders that Bob had on that car during its early stages of the build.

Good to see Duane had the "economy car" in the show (black Willys).
I can't recall the name on the show card for the phaeton, but you may be right about it being Forzley's. I'd love to have it to cruise in, that's for sure. Duane's Willys looked fantastic in his display. I didn't have a chance to chat with him, unfortunately.

Thanks for posting the pics, looks like it was a good show and it looks like you got to meet Gene Winfield.
Gene is a very personable guy! Very willing to talk about stuff and not pretentious at all. Quite a bit more down to earth than Barris.

Great pics Al, thanks for posting.
I see several rides (dountown brown model a, orange beatnick bandit brother and that blue banshi thingymebob) are making the rounds of the ISCA shows.

(PS.. think this thread actually belongs in th General Event forum under Manitoba)
I debated whether to put the thread here or in the Manitoba section. I decided that it might get more hits in the general area.

Funny that Al,
I searched the background of your pics, BTW Thanks for posting, and nary a NEW car...Huh!
Maybe the new organizers of London could take some advice.

Nice

Thanks for posting pics.Nice to see some cars that we do not see in Ontario.Love that Pheaton best of both worlds 4 door roadster nice and rare.

Funny that Al,
I searched the background of your pics, BTW Thanks for posting, and nary a NEW car...Huh!
Maybe the new organizers of London could take some advice.

My camera is allergic to newer vehicles. You'll notice that in most of my event threads. :D
There were a few "new" cars and trucks there, but not as many as I saw in '08 and '09. I didn't bother to go last year because I didn't want to spend almost $15 admission to see that. The show is an expensive day for us...4 hour round trip, parking, almost $30 for two people to get in, etc. We almost didn't go this year but decided at the last minute to take a chance.

Great pics..........people rave about Foose Fading but I love Winfield paint fades more so.

Al thanks for sharing the show with the rest of us.. Looks like some awesome tin there for sure.. I am green with envy over that Willys or Willys guy's!!

Bash

I think picture number 6 on the first page is my old 32 5w. Does anybody know who owns it now? I would like to talk to the owner. Heres a link with some pictures when I owned and built the car.

http://www.canadianrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5358&highlight=1932+ford

When I built the car it had the top hood and not the blower. It was just a body when I bought it and with the help of my friends and family it got finished. Even without the blower it ran 12.65 all day long at 109mph, really fast for a street car in the 90,s. Drove it to Pleasenton for the goodguys show and all over the pacific northwest. Lots of fun. Sold it to buy a townhouse and move onto the next project, a chopped 49 merc then my current chopped 40 merc coupe.