1952 Plymouth Project

...what a delightful and inspiring thread. More power to you and the missus on your next trip south....

What a great trip you are having with that car, so good for you and your wife, a Neat car to have, no worries about the paint scratches etc but nice and comfortable inside.

Well it is time to hit the road again so on Monday Nov 30th we leave with the 52 Plymouth. the route will be down the west coast of Mexico then turn and head through Mexico city onto the east coast and down to Belize and Guatemala after that head to the Monarch Butterflies near Mexico city hit the west coast on the way home. See friends we made on our last trip and generally have a good time. Earl and Jan

Earl....you and Jan have a very safe journey and trouble free as well.
If you can, post a photo and a story every once in a while. We would all appreciate it.

Thanks......:)

Earl and Jan...Have a safe but fun time for those of us that don't have the guts to do it !!! lol Colin and Edythe.:D

Well it is time to hit the road again so on Monday Nov 30th we leave with the 52 Plymouth. the route will be down the west coast of Mexico then turn and head through Mexico city onto the east coast and down to Belize and Guatemala after that head to the Monarch Butterflies near Mexico city hit the west coast on the way home. See friends we made on our last trip and generally have a good time. Earl and Jan

....you and Jan are my heroes.....

Earl......where are you and Jan at ????? We need the story.....and the photos.....email them to me if needed.......thanks:)

Made it half way

Wow we are here in Placencia Belize. The Plymouth only made it to about one hour from Puerto Vallarta. We flew to Mexico City and then to Cancun. We took the bus to Belize city and then the chicken bus for 5 hours to Placencia. For a car that gave no trouble at all and was used as a daily driver Every thing has gone wrong with it. We will head north to Mexico and I will fix it to get home. I guess that is what happens when you use a 63 year old car. When I get back to the west I will post pics and give a run down .

Yes guys....have a safe and fun vacation and more importantly a safe uneventful trip back home. Hope you have the car stashed in a safe place and that repairs will not take too long.:)

Roadkill Mexico

Well here we are back on the west coast of Mexico. sweePea the Plymouth will roar again, It was a trip of trouble getting here though. November 29 leave Prince George. By Williams Lake the heater motor stops no problem the air pickup is in front of rad so ram air keeps us warm. Oh before we leave I go through the car, should be fine as it was a daily driver all the time for Jan. I Installed a hei distributor that should last for ever. Changed trans and dif oil , and a new throw out bearing pack wheel bearing etc. Well the new Hei only lasted 8 hrs At Hope BC it was vibrating and could hear it inside.Well push on to my daughters home in Aldergrove. Hey no problem I brought all the points dis stuff. A few hours the next morning and off again. Jan shoots a video as we travel and I mention we are good till the next breaakdown

IMG_0056_zps7wyu7sgw.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
next day

On our way around noon, out of Canada so we only make it to Olympia Wash. no problem until next morning. cruising down the highway the engine misses and shuts down. I coast down an off ramp onto the grass. Get out my meter and check power. have power to coil so try and start. the starter starts to growl goes clunk and nearly starts on fire. Jan walks to a Shell station and finds a parts store that will deliver. I get help from a guy to tow up to the gas station. Take out the starter and wait for another one to arrive. Now that is fixed time to find out the n o start seems the wire inside the distributor broke. Aw all done DOWN TIME 4 hrs.
IMG_0062_zpsmtvfpsau.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That'll teach you. Never put a Chevy engine in an old Mopar it will get you eventually. Have a great trip.

....the car is trying to tell you something.....maybe it's tired of huevos rancheros, Margaritas, and peyote...