1949-50 chev coupe wanted

JohnnyBgood

Supporting Member
Looking for a 1949 -50 chev coupe. Must have ownership and matching vin plate..don’t need drive train...must roll.. Will travel in Canada ..will consider anything ..what have you got?

tmfVuBB.jpg

I might sell this one John, haven’t bothered getting the papers yet with the whole COVID19 pandemic, and it does need floors quarters...exc

Looking for a 1949 -50 chev coupe.

So, if early Canadian Pontiac's are really just Chevrolet's, and they are, why not expand your search to include them and if necessary replace whatever sheet metal / trim to make them into a Chev ?
This is my ex-wife's stored for free on my property of the last 20 years, was a running car, B.C. registration, but a '53 I think.

2fZz9Hsl.jpg

So, if early Canadian Pontiac's are really just Chevrolet's, and they are, why not expand your search to include them and if necessary replace whatever sheet metal / trim to make them into a Chev ?
This is my ex-wife's stored for free on my property of the last 20 years, was a running car, B.C. registration, but a '53 I think.

2fZz9Hsl.jpg

Thanks for the offer Ray...a Pontiac might work but has to be 49-50.

I think I posted this link before, was it for you John? I think it was for someone that wanted the car for use in BC. Anyway, here's the link again. You'll just have to join Inliners International. We have the Can-West chapter here in BC.

'50 Chevy coupe in Oliver BC

Yeah it was for me...way too nice to do what I want to do to it...thanks anyways...

Found this one for you couple weeks ago. Only problem is the shipping cost from Nuriootpa SA and the steering wheel's on the wrong side. :D

ITgQHHo.jpg

kGI6txw.jpg

k7duTb1.jpg

Just want to bump this up. I am still looking..again only a 1949 or 1950 Chevrolet or possibly a Pontiac coupe. I will travel anywhere in Canada for the right car. Prefer a project..don’t need drive train..but will consider all...

Last edited:
Thanks Lee...unfortunately the sellers have to figure out what they are selling..that is is a sedan..I have only had 3 guys say they had a coupe and they were actually a coupe...2 cars went to different buyers before I could get there..And the third guy could not prove he owned the car he was selling..I am packing to head west again for a few months so I just thought I would bump it again in case there was something in the west that I could look at.

Check the following: he was showing one on Instagram saying it will be up for sale soon. Not sure on the year, though

Shay Smith
Pre Sixties Vintage Auto
Chatsworth, Ontario
519-766-5986

... that is is a sedan..

So please educate the unwashed;

I do know that there was the Belair that had different sheet metal (aka Brian) and there is a business coupe but the wheelbase was the same (I think) so what is the difference between what looks like a two door post car (usually called a coupe) and the unicorn that you are looking for?

With the greatest of respect.

Your right about People calling the 2 dr a coupe.but it’s not...The coupe and business mans coupe have a shorter roof and a smaller back side windows. They used the longer trunk lid from the 2 dr hardtop. A 2dr sedan and the 4 door used a shorter trunk lid and have a longer roof line. Will post some pics when I get back into the house...

Last edited:
As far as I can find out the bel air came out in 1950 and was only a 2 dr ht until 1953.. but the body style came out in 1949 and was not called a bel air..even though people list the car as a bel air. Just trying to remember how to post a picture..