1948 Chev P/U Extended Cab Build

To say I was amazed to find it, and then be able to acquire it is an understatement. I'm thinking now of just giving it a polish and coat of clear.

Man alive that truck is looking sharp, very neat and all the hard work paid off good for you New Mexico Kid.

I looked up 1952 NM plates to see what the color combo looked like and I noticed they all said "land of enchantment" . I couldn't find any that said "official". That WAS a good score indeed :D
BTW I agree to clean up the plate and clear, In my mind when I see a something in mint condition,tin sign, lic plate,etc I am suspicious its a repop.
Thats just me though.

I found a pix of a New Mexico 1939 plate that said Official on it--no story behind it though:D

I looked up 1952 NM plates to see what the color combo looked like and I noticed they all said "land of enchantment" . I couldn't find any that said "official". I am suspicious its a repop.
Thats just me though.

Your post made me wonder if it was off a government vehicle. I was able to contact the gentleman I got it from and he confirmed it was on a firetruck. I will contact DMV and see if they will allow me to use it or not. If not, I'm still glad I was able to find it.

DMV confirmed I can reregister it after I have a vin. inspection due to the truck having an out of state title.

Thanks to PG409 I just found out today that the pictures are back from Photobucket.

I haven't had time till just a few days ago to work on the truck since our move 1 1/2 years ago, as we opened our own business and run it 7 days a week. I was able to install the carb, spark plugs, brake booster, steering column mount and glove box door. Still looking for some stuff that is packed in the trailer somewhere.

Life is still crazy busy, but I was able to get a couple days on the truck this week. Pulled the S10 rear end out and rebuilt the rear suspension. I'll be putting a Ford 8 inch back in eventually. I also installed the rubber fillers between the cab and running boards as well as built the mounting brackets for the rear fender support rods. Doesn't look like much, but it feels good to finally see some improvements.

Last edited:
Glad to hear you have some shop time Eugene. Keep plugging away.....:)

good to hear from you again, Eugene. looking forward to some pics soon.
Hows Diane's binder coming along?

Still sitting in the trailer since 2016. Been basically just a lerker since we moved, no time. That being said what did I do last summer but buy a '55 Chevrolet two door hardtop, two door post, a four door post and another '52 Chev pickup. All are pretty rough, but I was going to build a two door for Jackie, someday, and the '52 to go with my extended cab. Jackie wants to just keep the extended cab so I'm trying to sell the cars now. It is definitely an addiction I swear.

I'm still trying to figure out how to post pictures without Photobucket "in my spare time."

I've also put new tires and Cragar SST's on the truck and it looks a lot better.

Last edited:
Nothing new done on the truck and the’55’s have been sold. This may turn into my retirement project the way things are going.

Bought Jackie a driver ‘55 hardtop and a 1915 looking C cab go cart that is an old Shriners parade truck. Once I can get it running we will put the business sign in the back and use it for advertising. Just working other than that on the new store and quilting retreat center we bought since our lease is up in November and we hate renting.

Now there's a blast from the past. Good to see you're still with us. Got your GMC rocker cover converted to my Ford six.

gUKTSeq.jpg

I think to post photos without photobucket you have to be a supporting member ($20 to Frank). However many of us have switched from the bucket to Imgur as a 3rd party photo host at no cost. So that's an option as well.