1948 Chev coupe "Mabel"

So how do you fit anything non project into your head!!
What a great build, I'm really enjoying the "different"!
Fred

Made an adapter plate to mount a throttle body from a Ford 302HO to the 4 BBL intake. Nice day today so took a few pictures.
The chassis is now ready to accept the body, but the body is not ready for the chassis. So today I started in on the body. Work required to fill in the firewall, build the trans cover and drive shaft tunnel and raise the trunk floor. And to modify the wheel tubs for the "C" notched frame.

fzrq7sm.jpg

1HAz0Px.jpg

V1NW894.jpg

OepdWdw.jpg

jFYixy9.jpg

Gotta love it. Just looking at the thread where the fellow is putting a Mercedes diesel in a model A and you're putting a straight six Ford in a Chevrolet. Dare to be different.

Not really, I want to keep the quarter windows. Those two Chevs were done by Barris for the movie "High School Confidential" and I believe one was wrecked and one survived. Here's a link to a series of photos of them.

The sketch I had done earlier showed the roof chopped and shortened and the car sectioned with the rear deck leaned forward and lengthened. But that plan was way too much work for me not being an experienced craftsman.

The chop I want to do would be more like this.
project_chev_47-4.jpg

I also intend to stretch the rear fenders and fit '49 Buick taillights which Kool 52 sent me and use '54 Chev over riders.
project_chev_47-5.jpg

100_0992.JPG

I will use a '54 Ford front bumper on the rear which has bump out corners with ridges that lineup with the ridges of the taillights.

And for the front I have a pair of '53 Buick headlights to french in like this.
project_chev_46-1.jpg

As for the stance, this is what I'm going for. Not too low and a tad lower to the rear.
46 Chevy Aaron Acquafondata -image_3 (2).jpeg

That's the dream plan and I've got most all of the parts needed, but with all the work required, it's a ways off. But I can hope it will get there someday.

Yuppers, the chop on the black one is good, just right in my mind.

I'm not to enamoured with what I call the "overchop" that seems to be the trend these days, it throws off the proportions.

I'm starting work on the body to get it ready to drop on the chassis. Filling the firewall having cut out the doghouse to widen it to accommodate the Ford "over the top" intake manifold which I don't expect to use since I got the Aussie one.
mxKmQtf.jpg

Cut out the trunk floor, as it has to be raised about 3" to clear the tank and rearend and the inner fender tubs get modified to accommodate the frame kick.
ar1MQL2.jpg

Cut out a small section of the tunnel to remove a hat section floor stiffener that went through the tunnel and would interfere with the driveshaft. Will build a stiffener that goes over top of the tunnel.
r3TS4K4.jpg

Well, you are right into it. Progress is good....wish I could say the same here!

You guys out in the west have some very nice car bodies to start with. Very little rust compared to what we have here..Nice stuff...

Great progress!! I'm at this stage myself, filling the holes in the firewall today awaiting my frame from the coaters. Looking forward to the body mods you will do (y)