1934 Ford fordor field find

Rustytin

Wow.. I used the F word 4 times in that thread title...:D Well as the title says this is a 34 fordor that Stan AKA 35 3window picked up from one of our local guys. The car is a good body for it's age so the build idea is to leave it in as much of the field find condition as he can and only fix the stuff that needs fixxin for safety reasons. Chassis is going to be original with new dropped I beam small block ford from the donor car and have some fun. We just started on this 2 weeks ago and the plan is to have it together for Deuce days driving...:eek: Here is a couple of starting pics.
DSCF4904_zps70b8b349.jpg

DSCF4907_zps479a72c5.jpg

DSCF4906_zpsacaf2bbe.jpg

DSCF4922_zps0389071a.jpg

this is pulling the motor and trans from the donor car with a couple of pics of the goof balls doing the work...:confused:
DSCF4897_zps115c9a6a.jpg

DSCF4899_zpsdeb8f972.jpg

DSCF4900_zpsa1c76d3b.jpg

DSCF4902_zps4fd07245.jpg

What's going on ? What about those bullet holes???

Will Stan's hair get ruffled going to Deuce days because there will be no
top??:):):):)

The bullet holes are staying not getting touched and I think Stan bought a gallon of Brylcreem to hold his hair down for the drive down:D

I see Stan doing some work there Russ so is that the Goof Ball sitting on the seat supervising :D:D Man a great project and knowing what you and Stan did with the truck that will come out real neat.

So now he has that as a project maybe he will sell me that coupe sitting in the background eh, eh, eh, what do you say :D:D

That is going to look great with the Bullet holes etc at Deuce Days, is Tinmann going to make it with the coupe ?

John... You know when Stan gets at something it always looks great even in old rust and paint. Not sure if the tinn chicken coupe is going to make it?? I know he has been working on it but have not talked with Tinn for a few weeks. This fordor is one cool ride 85% of the old paint is still on it. The 2 doors in old primer is from when the side of this car got hit years ago from what I can see but it was never repaired. This thing will look so cool in old field rust and paint sitting nice and low. I think Stan wants to run black steelies with caps full fenders and fabric roof that is removable. Keep watching for pictures.

Here is the door patch finished up with the door on the car. Hand built patch No buying patches here...:D
DSCF4948_zps92affed0.jpg

This is the back of the door after the lip was dollied over onto the inner
DSCF4945_zpscbba04a6.jpg

DSCF4944_zpsbc9da3b5.jpg

Well time to put in a bit of an update... Stans been busy putting in some patches for this and that so here are some pics.
DSCF4949_zpsdcfa8ea1.jpg

DSCF4953_zps51c12036.jpg

the floor in the front kick area was a bit swiss cheesy so that had to be cut out and as always the patches were formed with a hammer dolly an old piece of I beam and the floor... no need for a bead roller here:D
DSCF4957_zps7b951627.jpg

DSCF4963_zpsd03279d2.jpg

DSCF4964_zps35b09690.jpg

DSCF4968_zps8744d40e.jpg

this was the passenger side it was a bit worse then the other side so more came out. the rest of the floor is really good for this old 34.
DSCF4970_zps0d5d1c2e.jpg

this picture shows the finished hole that was filled in the door arch. About a 3" wide chunk was cut out and missing you might see that in a couple of the first pics I posted.
DSCF4971_zps525b58d2.jpg

Stan cleaning up a small patch that had to go in on the roof
DSCF4972_zpsa6920203.jpg

putting in a small patch on the rear fender
DSCF4984_zpsc9fc5866.jpg

DSCF4982_zps077a0be6.jpg

DSCF4985_zps67b0a55c.jpg

Last edited:
Good work guys.....I am starting to believe that this car WILL be at Deuce Days in July.......:)

A few more patches
DSCF4974_zpsa9c1b233.jpg

DSCF4978_zps6339ad77.jpg

DSCF4977_zps91ec564e.jpg

DSCF4980_zps8382aab9.jpg

The patch work is all done now. New wood has shown up so it is time to take the body off the frame and get started on the chassis. Picking up the new TCI front dropped I beam this weekend well I'm in Van along with some other bits and pieces for Stan... Stay tuned:D:eek::eek::eek:

I would be interested in the original front end if he is not going to use it. He is doing nice work.

Duke it is not a stock axle it has been dropped and it has 6 lug hubs on it... So what do you have to trade???? that we could use in this project??