1930 Chevrolet Sedan Project

Oh my...but she is starting to look really pretty! I'm still a bit disappointed that you had to resort to lowering yourself and use F*** steering. At least you had enough good sense to stick with the good ol' Chevy for go power! :D:D:D

It has been a long summer but Igot a few things done in the past few weeks.brakes with only 2 leaks,and getting the SBC ready to fire which happened today so here is a video of the start up and needless to say I was pumped
th_MVI_0001.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Congratulations on getting her fired up. Gotta love that grin when the motor was running!

I see you appear to be sticking with the original crossmembers in mid frame, have you considered adding some triangulation for added stiffness as Chevy did a few years later?

Last edited:
Just went back through your build and you asked about the stance. Would it be possible to channel the body over the frame? You'd get the lowered look without losing any ground clearance.

Your floor looks pretty good, whereas mine is Swiss cheese. Easier for me to channel my '35. Of course, if you do it first you can pass along all the pitfalls! :D

In response to your questions I removed the original trans mount and made a new stronger one also beefed up the existing crossmember and added a new crossmember for the rear shocks to mount to so hopefully it will be strong enough as it appears the SBC has more HP than I thought it would.As for the stance I am happy the way it turned out I believe it came down 5 to 6 inches in the rear and I removed 3 leaves from the front springs.The only problem I have is finding short shocks for the front end.Thanks for asking and love those Chevy's

Looking very nice indeed. Like the firewall.

And, tackling an early Chevy.....good on ya !!!!:)

I finally started on the car again ran into the problem a lot of guys have go out to work on it but end up doing nothing.Over that finally will post some updates soon.

Great looking work. But I've got one little item bothering me.
IMG_03901.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
The fuel line flex hose from the engine to the frame is very short and I think either the hose will fail from engine movement or the steel lines will chafe. Please anchor the steel line (which is very nicely routed) to the front of the engine and use a longer hose. Good to have a bend in the hose as well to absorb any push/pull movement.

EDITED:

The fuel line flex hose from the engine to the frame is very short and I think either the hose will fail from engine movement or the steel lines will chafe. Please anchor the steel line (which is very nicely routed) to the front of the engine and use a longer hose. Good to have a bend in the hose as well to absorb any push/pull movement.

That's a good tip.

I had a short hose like that on the HRT and it failed on a trip to a show.

Emptied a 77 litre tank of gas in no time.

Update on 30 Chev

Finally a update on the project.I have the driveshaft installed,autowire kit and gauges installed and working,doors hung (what a job XXX hours),steering connected,floor installed,some glass installed,seats in,brakes completed,got engine running decent,GM column connections worked well with American Auto Wire Kit,just have to finish battery install and connection,top up fluids and oils,then off for a exhaust system.Here are a few pictures I took last night.
pzwuv8u.jpg

MdpzC8u.jpg

Uzrdlv6.jpg

jFYd4HC.jpg