1928 Roadster project "Salt Shaker"

Car is coming back together it’s a lot harder trying to not scratch anything
Dash sets in nicely against the blue
One thing I wanted to change was the 3rd brake light I decided I wanted a wood trim strip I then got some very fine LED strip lights and set in into the wood and covered with a pice of the old 3rd brake light to have a set into the wood.
8FF46FE6-F8AB-41FD-8A16-2AC45CA544C2.jpeg

2C6DCDCB-D998-4B99-B96C-DDEB9E1F2C24.jpeg

8C2BAC38-7AB6-4FBD-A29C-7A3DBDD87C2A.jpeg

What a pleasure watching you build this. Great stuff, an excellent eye for detail!
Thanks again for sharing.
Greg

Wow, man you should be very proud of yourself, the car looks great, the hood is handy if it rains but looks great without it to. Congratulations on a job well done.

Congrats! Beautiful! Thanks for sharing your journey of this cool build

Thanks everyone
Yes it is great to have it together and finally see your plans all come together. I got it out for a few more miles tonight around town. The front breaks started to lock up seems I tightened the brake pivot a little too much and it was not allowing the front brakes to bleed off. Will give it another road test and see if that fixes it

Time for an update on the car. I have put about 200 miles on the car since putting it back together after paint. I have had a few issues I’m sorting out

Ignition timing- for the life of me I could not get the timing too set. The marks were jumping around 20 degrees on me when setting base timing. The engine seemed to run very well so I figured it must be my timing light picking up bad signals from the solid core wires running through the steel looms. I replaced the red solid core wires with a set of 7mm Petronix wires. That seemed to do the trick and I was get it set to 4 degrees and 26 total by 2500RPM. I preferred the look of the red wires but I must say the insulated boots make it easier to work on the engine with out getting shocked

Front tire shake - once got above 50mph the frontend would start to shake enough you could see the radiator bouncing around. Lucky it just needed the front tire balanced and that gas seemed to take 80% of the shake out. Was able to do a little 60MPH trip out side of town

Brake drag - once the car would get hot my front brakes would start to drag. I found the plastic bushing in the pedal was grabbing and preventing the master cylinder from returning all the way causing the front brakes to drag. A little work with a flap wheel and it’s returning with out binding anymore

Brake lights - Out driving I have had a couple people tell me my brake lights don’t work. They are wired in with a pressure switch and do require a bit of pedal pressure to activate. With down shifting and a light touch on the brakes guess is not enough to trip the light. My plan is to use a mechanical switch in parallel with the pressure switch that will activate with minimal pedal

Made the first car show this weekend in Airdrie AB about 100mile round trip car ran very well 170F 50psi oil pressure @60MPH. It is definitely a new experience driving this car in heavy fast traffic

Attachments

• 7C578799-54D6-40BE-A235-96998BF7055D.jpeg
    7C578799-54D6-40BE-A235-96998BF7055D.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 57C188B8-A693-4F1C-A5E0-FB5906B2E24B.jpeg
    57C188B8-A693-4F1C-A5E0-FB5906B2E24B.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 49