1928 Ford Model A Sedan Project

Door button

The button is for opening the door, hold it in past the safety catch and the door opens. The VW was the only bearclaw device available back when I started to build the car. It has a factory secondary safety catch built in.

Looks like I screwed up on the pics as there should be three and over sized. See if I can remedy the situation

Easy fabricated interior window mouldings

This is the method I used to create interior window mouldings for my A project.
Using 7/8" poplar plywood, and the usual tools, the project was fairly simple and quick. As a sample piece I used the rear window moulding from my TT truck

TT truck window surround

The following pics show the process from making templates to the semi finished piece.

[URL=http://s626.photobucket.com/user/brackteer/media/012_zps7d4e3769.jpg.html]

[URL=http://s626.photobucket.com/user/brackteer/media/013_zpsa32650c4.jpg.html]

A light sanding and if required some wood or body filler to smooth out any voids or rough wood, especially in the inside corner radius.
I used fibreglass resin to cover the Model A pieces, giving the moulding a smooth surface that can either be painted or covered with fabric / leather.
Brian

Last edited:
Just an update on the A project, have now got to the point of getting some clothes for the old girl. Been a long time since I have actually seen the car
from a distance.
Still have to do some refinement on the door fit but overall , the project is coming along.

Too bad I lost my build thread on here, just went MIA for some reason.

Later ,
B

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian
Took the liberty of looking through you Photobucket slideshow, all I can say is WOW, some amazing detail and workmanship. So many little details that take hours and hours to execute that most people looking at the car will never notice, just you and maybe me :D . Going to be a real sweet ride.''

One of your pictures gave me a idea for a easier solution to constructing the door panels for my coupe, didn't look at the details and didn't want to copy, but it was the inspiration. Thanks

Canuck

Update

Thought I'd share the latest on the build, not too fancy, simple and clean.
Just moved the 27 touring I was working on out all finished and Marilyn moves in !!!!!

New quilting area!
I'm

Thanks for checking stuff out,

Brian

Last edited:
.....WOW! Just too cool Brian! Man, if I had an interior as pristine as that, I would accidently f*ck it up in no time, I'm sure.....

Tim, it's coming along, just hope I can beat my time schedule so as it will not be the 40 year anniversary of the project. Been a long haul, but it's done my way and that is what it's all about.
Say, speaking of updates etc. How is Miss Vicky coming along ?

David, yes it is kind of a pristine interior, but hope it does not look too plain .
BTW your project is impressive to say the least, well done!

Very nice, you have been making great progress so you will be able to enjoy your efforts next cruising season.