1928 Ford Model A Sedan Project

BRACKETEER

Supporting Member
Project up date

Well I took the winter cover off the garage door and let the old A project have some daylight. Been working pretty steady on all the little things on the car over the winter.If this photo thing works I'll try and load up some detail shots to share. I think I have found the LOOK I have been trying to get and have accomplished .

Regards,
B

Last edited:
Hey Brian,
I see you got the picture thingy figured out. :D
The A project is looking good.

Not really

Frank, kind of got it figured out, I must do something to srew up the process.

First time I have been able to hit the IMG code without losing the link to the post. Seams to work then the post just vanishes and will not come back.

Would like to post the album from Photobucket .There are lots of pics I would like to add to the existing album.

It's been a long build but the results are almost what I wanted . Not what I envisioned 30 years ago at the start of the build.

A little old school - chopped - bobbed rear fenders - rolled rear pan - sunken antenna - license plate -- then hi tek took over - but the blend realy works on the old girl

You mean stuff like this? :D :D

Link to BRACKETEER's BUCKET

006.jpg

010-1.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

015.jpg

017.jpg

...your custom made stuff is really cool...can't I.D. the gauge bezel, but it is beautiful too...

Very cool Brian, keep up the good work. Be nice to see that on the August tour!!

Maybe you have to have the name Brian to build really cool stuff......hmmmmm???

Gauge panel

When a friend gave me the dash, he said it was a Imperial. Could not find any pics or info on the WWW. Could be a Ford or Chrysler.
It is from a 1932 Plymouth !
The actual face plate had to be modified to accomodate the speedo. Small 2.125" gauges were OK. Had to machine a set of dies to enlarge the opening to 3.125" , still wanted to maintain the bezel profile. Then made a billet back plate to mount the gauges. Not too sure if it is good enough to nickel plate
it or maybe paint. Either way it is an attractive piece.

After nickel plating

Last edited:
Excellent work, the one off custom touches are great. Not so sure about your interior light in the first picture though. :p might have to downsize the light. :D

Long cord needed

Excellent work, the one off custom touches are great. Not so sure about your interior light in the first picture though. :p might have to downsize the light. :D

Sure pick on me, for my state of the art interior light. Try it! no need for drop lights etc.

Thanks to all

Thanks to all for the comments and encouragement.
As a kind of grumpy old guy doing his own thing,( while kind of hiding in the garage ,I don't get very many visitors, you are all welcome, just bring the coffee). It means a great deal , to have your comrodders post such possitive comments about the A project.
Don't think it will see the road this year, figure there still must be a panel or part left that needs some Bracketeering.

Regards,

Brian

Last edited:
Brian is one of the most talented guys I've met. You should see what he can do with billet aluminum! How long has that A been in your garage Brian? Show us the slick exterior 'door handles'. Yes, he is a little grumpy but underneath that he is one heck of a guy.

Door Push buttons

Al, the A has been in the construction and storage phase for a long time .Your daughters are younger than the project. Good to hear from you, thanks for the kind words.
The " door handles", other than being simple do the job and are functional. A couple of weeks ago, I adapted a door lock on the passenger side , just in case the remotes malfunction.

Brian

Last edited:
Mr Bracket, is this lock to 'open' the door, or to ensure it doesn't open during cruizin? Cool to 'whip-up' something to fill the need, and it works!!
Thanks for posting,
Greg.