What Did You Do Today? (2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulled the engine and trany out of the wagon to reseal the engine and go through the trany, plus a pile of things to do to the wagon.

Good score Lee, especially a 428.

If you need advice, there is a gentleman in Didsbury who's main business is/was restoring Mustangs of all shapes and years.
Thor Cartwright at 403-eight two eight- 8870 (Phoenix Automotive).

Have fun.

... hey thanks pal I'll give him a shout ... after some searching last night it seems there weren't many GT coupes with a 428/auto ( currently has a 4 gear in it but the original auto consul/shifter came with) .. the vin# says the car is legit ... I may do the Marti report thingy to be sure of everything ..

The plan was to spend till noon or so working on the gardens, putting the washed rock in them. Then to ho help a buddy and assist with a bunch of friends on a ol' hot rod roof chop! Damn, the day got away and it was 4 pm before I realized I missed wrapping up and playing cars! Well got as far as I can go this year on this home project, also got the snow blower installed on the tractor...as I was done moving gravel and top soil. Now I see the weather man is chatting of some snow fall warnings...just in the nick of time. Now I still wish I was playing roof chop instead of worrying about winter!
Cheers,
Greg

Put in some fuel stabilizer, ran it for a while, tucked it in and put the HRT in bed for the winter.

Made some notes as there are a couple of very minor items to be fixed in spring.

Interesting light Bob; I assume it is a LED strip light. What is your take on giving light inside the cab? Should be enough to read a paper map, or more for mood lighting (glow)?
Greg

Just purely enough to see the ignition switch and light switches...as it turns out it would light up half the street.

Engine needs fine tuning and my engine guy goes in tomorrow for a back operation so probably not WOW but it will be ready for my daughters grad because she wants to drive it there.

Drove my '58 Ford down to Parksville & Oceanside Customs for a little body work around the rear wheel well openings. Paul will do a fine job on them & repainting.

hey Frank what else is going on In Royston/Courtenay??
Has my nephew started working on his El Camino or does he even come to your meetings anymore...

Went for a drive in the 39 C.O.E. Roads are dry and it was 9C. Running very well and ended up putting another 100 miles on the odometer.

Went for a drive in the 39 C.O.E. Roads are dry and it was 9C. Running very well and ended up putting another 100 miles on the odometer.

Good on you.

Roads are still sloppy around the neighbourhood here, the highway is dry.
However, the HRT is up on stands and tucked away for winter.

I noticed that the leaves on my neighbour's trees have finally dropped, so will have to do the final raking up of my yard.

Bgbkwndo.

Boxing day

So I finally obtain a copy of Two Lane Blacktop, a Christmas present actually :) so tonight we watched this 'must see'...well I did make a 'funny face' at the ending...in fun asked for my money back, to our theater operator (the keeper of the controller, my wife); she laughed at me...she knew that the ending would not be on my favorite list. Great footage throughout the movie. Great night, artsy abstract movie.
We look forward to the other car movies that were given as gifts this year.
Merry Christmas.
Greg

So I finally obtain a copy of Two Lane Blacktop, a Christmas present actually :) so tonight we watched this 'must see'...well I did make a 'funny face' at the ending...in fun asked for my money back, to our theater operator (the keeper of the controller, my wife); she laughed at me...she knew that the ending would not be on my favorite list. Great footage throughout the movie. Great night, artsy abstract movie.
We look forward to the other car movies that were given as gifts this year.
Merry Christmas.
Greg

I too got my DVD copy of 'Two |Lane Blacktop'. I have had a tape copy for years and the Friday night tradition has been stick your tongue in your cheek, crack a beer and adjust the valves. It is so much fun, just don't take it seriously.

Warren

A great day in the shop; one of my buds came over and we re-plumbed the brake lines on the Gasser. The recently installed Speedway straight axle kit pushed the upgrade of the single pot master cylinder, so the brake lines needed changing...great excuse to make a few more changes. So by the close of the evening we were pretty close to finished. A few more tasks and that should be about done. Thanks Tom for the guidance, push and assistance!
Yes, a good day!
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.