PICS - 26th Spring Thaw, Calgary

351CFalcon

Supporting Member
A beautiful day to start the unoffical opening of the cruise season with the Spring Thaw, sunny with a few clouds and by 10, it was a balmy 8C.

Over 525 rides in the main area. There was an overflow area at the other end of the mall but with no spectators, those who arrived late and were directd to the overflow left early. Spectators were unaware of another area.

Good diversity but the usual contingent of late 60/early 70 Chevelles and late 60's Camaros. lots of clubs in attendance, especially the Calgary Mustang Club ,which unfortunately, meant the new mustangs were well represented even though the cut-off was 25 years or older.

Usually , one sees a few new rides making their debut appearance, but didn't realy see any new stuff.

Ran into Cash(Greg) and E83W (Russ) and a few others I haven't seen all winter.
Lots of photos so have patience.

Supposedly, one of one, a 427 4 spd 2 dr post found in a field near Crossfield, 30 minutes north of Calgary.
HPIM5243.jpg

HPIM5244.jpg

HPIM5245.jpg

A good story?

HPIM5242.jpg

HPIM5241.jpg

HPIM5246.jpg

HPIM5247.jpg

HPIM5236.jpg

HPIM5237.jpg

HPIM5235.jpg

Last edited:
HPIM5194.jpg

HPIM5193.jpg

HPIM5192.jpg

HPIM5191.jpg

dare to be different section---the guy that owned this finally sold it after many years of been for sale:
HPIM5189.jpg

and then built this
HPIM5185.jpg

HPIM5186.jpg

HPIM5188.jpg

HPIM5187.jpg

Last edited:
HPIM5153.jpg

HPIM5152.jpg

HPIM5151.jpg

HPIM5150.jpg

HPIM5149.jpg

HPIM5148.jpg

it says "maple leaf trucks", otherwise a 36 GMC I believe.
HPIM5146.jpg

HPIM5147.jpg

HPIM5145.jpg

Now this is an engine bay...
HPIM5144.jpg

Last edited:
I have patience i did not see one new Mustang. Thanks for taking time to post pics for us people in rainy Ontario.

Brian, it was good to talk today and as always a great pictorial of the day. It was sure nice to see the sun and feel some early heat for a change. Also had a short meet with Rustbucket, GMRodder, Cash, and a couple more that escape me right now...:confused:
Next weekend I hope to make the RD swap and maybe check out Didsbury if the weather holds.
Have a great week.

I have patience i did not see one new Mustang. Thanks for taking time to post pics for us people in rainy Ontario.

I did take some pics of those newer 'stangs but for some reason, the
memory card didn't keep them.

Glad you enjoyed the pics.