WTB 14 on 4 1/2” wheels

Ken47

Supporting Member
I’m posting this for a friend. He’s looking for 14 on 4 1/2” wheels. He’s looking for a set of 4 if possible. If someone in Alberta has some they like to part with just let me know. Thanks

Ken: The convention most often used for wheels is number of lugs, then Bolt circle, then wheel diameter, then wheel width......

So, you've given us the Bolt circle, and the wheel diameter, but not how many lugs, and what width. I'm guessing 5 lug?

So, 5 on 4-1/2, 14" dia x what width?

Oops. I knew that. I wasn’t paying attention too well when I wrote the post. You are right. It’s 5 on 4 1/2. 14” diameter. They are for a 58 Edsel. I don’t know the rim width. The bias ply tire spec for the car is 8.00 x 14 - 4. Where the 8 is the tire width 14 is the rim diameter and the 4 is the ply number. I’m guessing a rim width of 5,5 or 6” would be around the right width.

Width would be 5", 5.5 for station wagons. Keep in mind if you ever do a disc brake conversion some but not all 14" wheels will fit. You would have to get a newer set from a Maverick, Granada, something along those years for discs.

To bad your so far away I've got a few in my attic that I'll never use. I even have couple from a 58 Edsel Villager wagon.