Would You?

351CFalcon

Supporting Member
We all have vehicles we regret selling, I know I do.
I have had many rides over the years, some were memorable, and for some, well that was fun, time to move on.

First regret.
There was the 1969 Firebird I had but didn't know how special it was other than it went through a lot of $0.18 to $0.25 gallons of gas and managed to get invited to quite a few Policemans Balls.
It was decades after when I found out how special it was, but at the time, it was just another muscle car that went fast.

Then there was the '56 Effie (A.K.A. F100).
Eight years taking it apart every winter to put it back together for cuising and then got it finnished only because the "boss" wanted her space back in the winters.
Drove it around for 5 or so years.
Grandson just loved it, so did I.
First time building something like that,i.e. over the top

Circumstances dedicted that it needed to be sold.
Those circumstances never came to fruitation.

I sold it to a gentleman NE of Barrie, ON.
I guess it just wasn't it for him as within a year it was up for sale again.
(friends pointed it out to me that it showed up in The Guild TV show showroom)

This morning, I received an e-mail from another gentleman who bought it and has had for about 5+ years.
Truck is still in Ontario somewhere around London.
He sent a picture, Truck still looks unbelievable, and no changes that I can see.

Now the "would you question"?
He plans on selling it and was wondering if I would like to buy it.

Of course, like anything for sale, that depends on the price.
And of course, must sell the Falcon as only have room, maybe, for one vehicle.
The truck is longer than the Falcon so that could be iffy.

The Ace in the hole is the previous owner of the Falcon was asking about it not too long ago as he would like to buy it back.
He enjoyed it more than the Mustang he now owns.

Triple of course, depends what he will to pay for it, he knows it won't be the same price I paid for it.

So, would you buy back a vehicle you regretted selling?

click to enalrge - picture of it now.

Attachments

• IMG_8246.jpeg
    IMG_8246.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
My 2 cents: You should base this on what you enjoy. As we all know this changes over the years so be careful about 'the good old days' as when I was 20, I did/enjoyed things I would never do now. Price is a definitely a factor as I am shocked at prices now compared not that long ago, although stuff we have kept should have gone up as well. Good luck, hope you enjoy whatever you end up with.

Well, I've had this for 50 years this fall, never thought to sell it, not much else out there I want (ok, that I can afford) so not a relevant question for me but as Bob says these things are owned for fun so that should be the main factor.

20231007_125258.jpg

I have enjoyed a LOT of cars and trucks over the years, some that would bring big $$ today if I kept them. I drove em like I stole em back then. I had no money to fix them when they broke, so I would sell it ( or abandon it) and buy another . And so on..
I have great memories of the adventures but never once regretting selling. I'm a Been there, Done that kinda guy and look forward to something new and different .
I will always remember a saying that a couple of newfies said to me when I was out in the water in my "new to me" seadoo jet boat that had just died in the middle of the lake .... The 2 happiest days of owning a boat are the day you buy it and the day day you sell it! :)

As @ssmustang said , go with what makes you happy

I’m with these guys firstly, no one can tell you how you “Feel”, so you must do you. I regret sell the Gasser, even though I know it would be a riot to have back and to finish the few things I didn’t get to, taking JBGs words…going ‘back’ always lead to more heartache than a guy should ever go through….i tell my son that in proper context.