were to buy fiberglass bodies

lamenytro

im thinking of buying a 1932 ford 5 window and was wondering were you can buy a fiberglass body and how much it would be, o ya i live on vancouver island and i dont mind going over to the main land

The Deuce Customs bodies are made down here, I could always ask Wally about a body which is a very good product as well and made close to me here, I have a Deuce Customs body on my 33 and to be honest Wally's bodys are better but having said that Deuce Customs are also very good. Now I just got off the phone with Micheal and they don't do a 5 window coupe, but they do a stock height and chopped 3 window along with a few other styles including a roadster and a Vicky.

Last edited:
i have a deuce roadster and a 3 window coupe glass bodies they came from montana from the guy that used too be the mould maker for Ravon before they went thru all the changes and the fire .. but he doesn`t make a 5 window sorry

im thinking of buying a 1932 ford 5 window and was wondering were you can buy a fiberglass body and how much it would be, o ya i live on vancouver island and i dont mind going over to the main land

Are you building a hi-boy or fendered car ?
There's a pair of fiberglass fenders and running boards coming up for sale in the Parts For Sale Forum under '31 Ford hotrod parts.
You may get them for a good price, price yet to be posted.
Send me a PM if interested and I'll find a price for you.
http://canadianrodder.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8224

I don't think the 32 5W is done in fibreglass...

Actually, there were a couple. But low production, and I can't remember the names right now.

..... and I suspect Lamenytro is another of Lono's many alias on this board.... don't expect him to reply any time too soon. I think he's using the Rocks Hudson name currently.

Last edited:
A company called "Davviki" were at Kalamazoo last month with a nice Deuce
5-window.($6900.00 USD, $7314.00 CAN) They also make a '34 5-window, as well as others.
Downs had one at K'zoo as well.

Davviki Ltd. (815) 933-5770

www.davviki.com

Mike

Last edited:
From what I hear you can't register a glass car anymore in B.C. anyway.

There's a thought that should be investigated before you go and build a glass car. There are a number of stories out there of glass cars not being covered by their insurer because they were improperly registered as a 1934 Ford, for example. Check out the registration requirements before starting to lay out a lot of cash.

you never could regi a glass body as a 1932 but lots of guys do .. its a reproduction nor can you regi a new brooks body as a 1932 even if you have a vin or sorrry you can till your get caught then it is Fraud ... the law states its pretty clear just we all like too bend some rules .. no differant then fenderless cars in provinces with out a fair weather law.. till we get caught ..
and yes some people say that fiberglass cars arent hot rods well vettes can be a hot rod and also some people cant afford real steel as the markets pushed up prices so the average joe cant afford and well we are all supposed to be hot rodders doesnt matter in somebodys eyes if it a " hot rod " or not its the onwers of it and he likely id proud of his car .. so why knock it ? maybe he thinks the guy makin a comment is an arsehole but he may never tell that person .. so reall what makes a car more of a hot rod because it is steel ? i have owned both .. ive seen glass cars that looked way nice then steel cars and vice versa ..
Hot rodding is suposed too be about guys and gals gettin together too keep kool cars on the road .. not too pick it all apart .. but hey do what ya want in your eyes that rite this is my two cents ..

The glass vs steel thing always makes me giggle . But I usually dont care about it . Grey beards will be grey geards . Build it the way you want to .
50 chebby truck , glass rear fenders
72 gremlin , made into drag car in 76 , with vintage 76 glass fenders , hood with mail slot scoop and both bumpers .
Other project gremlin with glass fenders .
And am on my way to finally building my gasser car , which is gonna get either a glass Topolino , or t bucket body
Wife,s 87 trans am has glass hatch on it . It sposed to save weight , but really doesnt
Although if,n i was to build a glass car for street purposes . I would have my chassis guy build me a nice roll bar set up . But then even on my steel bodied stuff I always put in some frame connects and body stiffners . Just in case ..77.