Vintage Cruisers Run To The Island - Portage la Prairie

ledzled

Perfect weather prompted record attendance of around 300 vehicles June 15th, at the Vintage Cruisers Annual Show and Shine at Island Park in Portage la Prairie. We actually ran out of registration forms! Everyone seems to have a great time. As Stan and Pat will tell you, these folks have been doing car shows right..for a very, very long time!

Thanks a lot for the photos. What is up with the shortened '59 Impala ??:)

Thanks for the pics, ledzled. Do you happen to know who owns the blue '37 Ford tudor sedan, with the CLO1937 plate?

Bgbkwndo.

Bgbkwndo... There were two 37 Slantbacks.. The orange/red one is owned by a fellow in my car club. (Vintage Cruisers in Portage la Prairie). The other one, a blue one is owned by a couple in Winnipeg. Don't have a phone number, but do have names and address. You can email me at into.tin@gmail.com

Bgbkwndo... There were two 37 Slantbacks.. The orange/red one is owned by a fellow in my car club. (Vintage Cruisers in Portage la Prairie). The other one, a blue one is owned by a couple in Winnipeg. Don't have a phone number, but do have names and address. You can email me at into.tin@gmail.com

Thanks Lorne.............appreciate your help.

Bgbkwndo.

Lorne, wasn't the red 37 Gerry Cantwell's and before that Earl Porter's? If it was Earl's, I think he brought that to Portage as a 2 tone brown car from BC. Does the guy with the red car still have Roy Lenton's old 37 flatback too? Heard he got it off Roy when he was still with us.

Thanks for the great photos, some very nice rides there, interesting to see how that 59 Chev has been shortened, I often wonder why apart from the fact guys could do that, you would want to do that.

Last edited:
Thanks for the great photos, some very nice rides there, interesting to see how that 59 Chev has been shortened, I often wonder why apart from the fact guys could do that, you would want to do that.

Sorry John but unlike down under Moredoors are not as cool up here..:(
that I would have to say would be one reason maybe not the only one but one...:D

Bash

Lorne, wasn't the red 37 Gerry Cantwell's and before that Earl Porter's? If it was Earl's, I think he brought that to Portage as a 2 tone brown car from BC. Does the guy with the red car still have Roy Lenton's old 37 flatback too? Heard he got it off Roy when he was still with us.

Earl moved from PG to Portage......