UPDATE: Funding For Software Migration / Other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admin

Administrator
Wanted to let everyone know that, thanks to your interest and support, we have achieved the first hurdle and, almost, the second.

That is, we have enough for the one-time software license but not quite enough for the security and upgrade support extention. As there are some snail mail funds coming, we may be over that hurdle.

The only uncertainty is a possible hosting upgrade. I won't know if that is necessary until after installation and testing.

---------------------------
I will likely proceed with acquiring the license and software but will NOT attempt anything further until the hosting company has finished the service maintenance mentioned in the other post. They said that there could be some instability for 24-72 hours. Likely not an issue but I don't want to be in the middle of uploading thousands of software files/images, etc. only to have to delete and star over.

I'll keep you posted.

Last edited:
Did I miss something....

From an earlier thread:

The best “deal” (versus a stripped down version) for a one-time license purchase is about $400 CAD. It varies depending on the US / CAD conversion rate. This includes the first 12 months of upgrades and support.
The ongoing yearly cost (for available upgrades and support) past the first 12 months is $120 CAD.

So, to move ahead, the spend would be either: approximately $400 or $520 which would extend support for 24 months (example July 2022).

EDITED:
Wanted to let everyone know that, thanks to your interest and support, we have achieved the first hurdle and, almost, the second.

That is, we have enough for the one-time software license but not quite enough for the security and upgrade support extention. As there are some snail mail funds coming, we may be over that hurdle.

The only uncertainty is a possible hosting upgrade. I won't know if that is necessary until after installation and testing.

So 33 contributors x $20 = $660, and that's not enough for the second hurdle?
The security and upgrade support extension is something not mentioned in earlier threads.
And then possible hosting upgrade, which may be additional funds?

And the yearly fee is on top of this too?

NOt criticizing or questioning, just trying to make some sense of all this.

Brian, just peeked in before going to bed (midnight here).

Yes, $400 for the license and $120 for an extra year of support = $520

When I said we were almost at the second hurdle, that was 4:00 pm EST. That was exactly where we were then. That was 8 hours ago.

The number came up to 33 since then.

You said:

The security and upgrade support extension is something not mentioned in earlier threads.
It has been mentioned numerous times just phrased differently perhaps.
Taken from an earlier thread:
The ongoing yearly cost (for available upgrades and support) past the first 12 months is $120 CAD.
About the hosting upgrade: That's just me thinking out loud. I have also said numerous times that I will continue to pay for the hosting fees - including any upgrades required for the new software.

Does this answer your questions?

Yes and no.
More or less.
Sort of.
Somewhat.

Still a little confused.

You know what's needed, hence carry on..

Brian, just peeked in before going to bed (midnight here).

Yes, $400 for the license and $120 for an extra year of support = $520

When I said we were almost at the second hurdle, that was 4:00 pm EST. That was exactly where we were then. That was 8 hours ago.

The number came up to 33 since then.

You said:

It has been mentioned numerous times just phrased differently perhaps.
Taken from an earlier thread:
About the hosting upgrade: That's just me thinking out loud. I have also said numerous times that I will continue to pay for the hosting fees - including any upgrades required for the new software.

Does this answer your questions?

Well let me try.
Its either my math is fuzzy or maybe its the fuzzy math I'm using.

Yes, understand the $400 for the software , and Yes understand the $120 for the yearly upgrade and support for total of $520 for two years of operation

In another thread, it was stated There are 33 contributors.
And at $20 each = $660, more than ample funds.
Confusion existed between the difference between the $520 and the $660.

I think what happened was a time delay when you indicated:
"Wanted to let everyone know that, thanks to your interest and support, we have achieved the first hurdle and, almost, the second."

The second hurdle referred to in that statement was the $120 yearly upgrade and support.
At that time, it was not covered as there were not 33 contributors.

That is now covered.

Confusion solved.

Last edited:
I'm so engulfed with the techy side, I'm "fuzzy" at times.

When you're jacking around with databases, etc. you have to be SOOOO careful. After you hit "submit" or "next" or "export" or "update", etc. there's no turning back. Well, not exactly true if you have a full backup of everything - 4000 files and a database with over 200,000 posts in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.