UniSteer

al37ford

Supporting Member
I bought a '57 TBird down here in AZ a while back & am slowly bringing it up to snuff. It had '72 license plates on it so obviously new gas tank, heads done, carb, brakes etc. But many leaks. So, I bought a Unisteer rack/pinion kit at the GNRS last spring & am just now getting to the install ..not fun in a carport in a seniors park where they get excited if you set your idle !! Anyway, piecing it together they assume you start with manual steering. This one is power with everything leaking. Got by most problems BUT the new power steering pump is set up to work in a single pass with the fan, alternator & crank pulley. Is this going to work or too many adjustments in one run?? I could get new mounts made to bring it out further to the old dual pulley but necessary?

ah well, forget it..uni steer has. I'll work through as Unisteer won't. It's really disappointing as it's only the mounting stuff that's a big problem, the rack/pinion etc. is well made. I guess they assume all their buyers are shops doing the drill for customers & have all the tools to modify what doesn't fit.

Last edited: