trying a picture

ss34coupe

DSCN0506.jpg

Here's my 34 Ford 3 window.

here's what I started with, a rough coupe body that was oringiannly a hotrod in the 50's. I
coup.jpg
got it in '91.

I recognize that chop. I think that car was originally built in Victoria
and ended up on the mainland in the mid sixties. It was In Hot Rod
Mag back then too!!
A long shot maybe, but.........
I am sure I saw it in a back lane just off Lougheed Hwy in Burnaby
in 1969. It was in pieces then.
My wife sez, how do you remember all that sh*t??

One thing is you could sure see what you had and did not have. Some times it is easier starting the way you did and now you have had to build it up but know what you got. I have on occasion got into where I was saving pieces for a job and would have been better to have just brought out me plasma and cut and built complete new. Is not easy and there is usualy the budget and the bean counter's.
Looks like you has come a long long way with her........
Hugh...........PTP

it took about four years to get her done. I did the body work and assembly, and my friend Syd Moorhouse did a lot of the chassis work and wiring. He is a pro and I am not, so his work was a big help. These old coupes are getting impossible to find these days, and I sure wish I picked up more when they were available. Nowadays, if you want original tin, you either shell out big money for a finished one, or look for a rough project that no one else will touch. If you keep at it, and set up a plan, it will come together. Lack of money should not be a barrier, just don't be in a hurry.

Anyone involved in a similar project now with a Model 40 coupe, let me know if I can help in any way. I'm now on my third one (number two got away ten years ago), a 33 Ford five window coupe., so have some experience putting these things together.

Ok so why are we limited to only 4 images per post...If trying to show a how to, using thumbnails..it is difficult when you can only post 4 thumbnails per reply and then no emoticons...can we not increase that number as we host our own images just curious as I learn my way through all the hoops to catch up wit DAVEY-joe...

Thumbnails...

Yeah Techhead: that kinda sucks..I have been playing all week-end as I just got me a brand new P/c on friday night as well so much ta lern..nice computer ..got the special from future shop on their front page flyer..$699.99 for a new Acer 6600 hertz dual core 320gb hard drive and a 20.1 LG flat screen LCD moniter so I been playing with it tryin to get it working same time as I am learning the new board...challenging for a challenged senior ...should have it figured about the same time as all the bugs are out of the new board..now if I could learn ta type with more than 2 fingers...fatchuk

You sure must be pleased with that out come, you have done a ton of work there and now you have a very nice ride, good for you.

Cheers, John

chuk,
I been working with computers since the early 90's and still hunt and peck with two / three fingers. Even took one year of typing in school. :rolleyes:

You sure must be pleased with that out come, you have done a ton of work there and now you have a very nice ride, good for you.

Cheers, John

Thanks, John. It was a lot of work, but a lot of fun as well. With some networking I was able to get all the parts I needed. The fenders are fiberglass, and the one thing I want to do is change them over to original steel. Here is a build shot.

fender.jpg

Very cool car SS. I've had a few '33/'34's over the years. I've got a '33 cabrio that I hope to get around to someday.........:eek: