tattoo

Id go with the first one honestly. I have 2 so far and im loving both of them. I have one car related tattoo. Its a skull with cross pistons behind it. My next one is going to be a pinup girl.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I know my tattoo's were costly and im not getting anymore till I have the truck finished. So why dont you put the money up and build a fund for school? or for your 38? Or you could get those hearing aids that you mentioned on the other board.

Last edited:
Gosh, we have covered this ground before. Spend your money on a hearing aid or something usefull!!

Please!!

I'm all for tattoo's man. Me and my brother have been designing what we've wanted for years. But no matter how cool I think it looks three things always come across my mind and I can't fork out the cash for it.

1) Reason why I just can't bring myself to get one. "What would my future employer think if he saw me covered in tattoo's"? I know that employers say that it doesn't matter. but hey, two guys walk in, one covered in tattoo's, and in a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, one in a suit.

The guy in the suit will likely get the job even if he has less experience than the other. They say there is equality and stereotyping is going down. They lied.

2) Will it really be that cool in 30 years? everyone says "It'll still be sweet when I am 50", but then again. When I was 4 i thought that Barney was cool, and I didn't think that would ever change either. No matter what tastes change. What if you got a car tatoo and you lost someone you loved in a horrible car accident, and you hated cars for the rest of your days. But hey, your tattoo is still there.

(A terrible example, but it really brings out the point, I am truly sorry if this has offended anyone. If this is overly offensive to any person please message me as soon as possible and I will remove this for you anonymously)

3) Finally, the third thing I think about. I could use the money on so many other things, like some metal so i can get more work done on my floor! :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to say don't get a tattoo. I love them, and will likely continue to keep designing them for myself, I'm thinking about getting a small set of wings done on the underside of my wrists. somewhere where I can hide it if I want too with long sleeves. However, I will most likely never get one because most of all, my image to my employer is far to great. I always have the feel to look and act as professional as humanly possible.

Thats just me though :)

~adam

(sorry that was so long)

I can't believe I'm even replying to this inane thread. Get a freakin hearing aid with the money. Period.

Well my very first tattoo was my sons name..it runs elbow to wrist under my arm. I show it off proudly. I have no worries with jobs. Ive had lots of compliments on it at job interviews aswell.

All that I can say about tatoo's is this........ my grandfather had some really well done tatoos from when he was in the merchant marine as a young man. At the time I got to know him, he would not take his shirt off at the beach because he was ashamed of them, instead he prefered to suffer the heat. Fashons change with the seasons, but tatoos are really only self inflicted colored scar tissue that you proably will regret some day and having one remouved will just make more ugly scar tissue. Those girls with lower back tatto's are called "Ass Antlers" . I'm sure they did not consider that when they had them done.

Russ:cool:

Id go with the first one honestly. I have 2 so far and im loving both of them. I have one car related tattoo. Its a skull with cross pistons behind it. My next one is going to be a pinup girl.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I know my tattoo's were costly and im not getting anymore till I have the truck finished. So why dont you put the money up and build a fund for school? or for your 38? Or you could get those hearing aids that you mentioned on the other board.

grand father is getting me 1 for my bday

none of those look cool.

I'm 21, have yet to get my first because even when I was 16, I knew that rushing into something like a tattoo was a bad idea.

I'll give you the same advice my cousin gave me: wait till you are at LEAST 18. I bet you $100 you will look at these 'ideas' and think 'wow, that would have been REALLY DUMB'

"Oh look, is that a bird in that tree? The sun off the snow sure gives great lighting........" What was this thread about again? My mind tends to drift off when pointless discussions are held within my ear shot.

Color yourself all over ???????????? . We here are a family of car people and really don't care about who's getting tattoed or not. Like, ya wouldn't give a sh** if I shaved my head, now would ya.
I wanna see pic's of car projects, what ya buildin' , how ya made that rad support, etc., etc.
This thread on tatoos is on the wrong forum.
Wow, I feel better.