SBC thermostat housing

zoomer

Supporting Member
I am looking for a sbc straight up thermostat housing that uses a gasket not an o -ring. Already have an o ring style but can’t get it to stop leaking . Tried everything

if anyone in Calgary area or close has one in their box of junk let me know

Zoomer, I read your words…did you try reducing the face (base thickness) so the o-ring is contacting the block 1/32” or a bit more before the casted neck tightens to the block?
If not, and you care to take a chance on that working, swing by my place and we will trim it in the lathe or the mill…whichever works for that particular unit.
Greg

Hey Greg thanks for the response. I did try to use a wide file on it but not the best to try for a flatter surface.
I think that thing has a warp to it from over tightening. I am going to a buds shop today and run it over his 12 in disc sander and see what that can do.

if that doesn’t work may take you up on your offer to mill it down a smidge.

Brian

Hey Greg thanks for the response. I did try to use a wide file on it but not the best to try for a flatter surface.
I think that thing has a warp to it from over tightening. I am going to a buds shop today and run it over his 12 in disc sander and see what that can do.

if that doesn’t work may take you up on your offer to mill it down a smidge.

Brian
being as cheap as I am really wanted to try to make old one work ,but the disc idea didn’t really work .
I broke down and bought a new one at Mopac ( o ring style)