Rislone or Lucas

al37ford

Supporting Member
Anyone use either of these in an automatic trans? I'm told 3/4 cup in with the atf will stop those tiny annoying leaks.

Not the same stuff (well maybe it is). But I used Wynns Power Steering and Auto Trans Stop Leak in a Lancruiser power steering many years ago.

I had a slight weep out of the steering column input shaft seal, Toyota put that in first then build the steering box around it (should have been held in with a circlip rather that requiring a box rebuild to replace a simple seal). Anyway I put the stop leak in to see what happened and it did work. After about a week of driving around the leak stopped and stayed stopped for about five years before returning. Needed to replace the seal eventually so had to get the steering box rebuilt.

Hope this helps.

Thx, I added about a pint & will see. Little drips drive me nuts!! I took it on a drive on a local tour today, about 10k, & no drops on the floor yet @ 6pm.
So, should I do same in the power steering??

Last edited:
So what did you use Al? I too hate the little leaks on the floor, driveway…or at a friends place!
cheers.
Greg

Lucas oil Stop Leak. Comes in a one liter plastic bottle. I used about 1/3 & so far so good. Fine print on the rear says ok for transmissions & engines.