Pictures upload sideways?

Ken47

Supporting Member
Hi I have been uploading the odd photo from my iPhone. Some upload ok and some are sideways. I can’t seem to figure out what I’m doing wrong. All pics are taken the same way. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

@PG409 I think (but don't have a clue) that pg409 had the same problem with the iPhone, ... but a site search brought up nothing. o_O

Last edited:
Hi. I though I read something about this before too but I couldn’t find any info after searching either.

Thanks for the prompt Ray. My problem at the time was taking I phone photos on the old forum. The phone processed the photo upside down. As far as vertical and horizontal applications I have no input. Maybe it depends on how you held your phone. I know it is the one of the underneath of your 47.

Ken, If you take an iPhone photo with the camera in the upright position ("portrait"), it will present as sideways when uploaded to anything - even a computer.

If you turn the phone on it's side to take the photo (landscape or lengthwise), it should should upload fine. I've tested it.

Ok thanks. I tried rotating the image in my phone 90 degrees but it still uploaded sideways😀. I will do what you suggest from now on.