"Overdrives" thursday nite garage hugs

Thanks for the pictures, some very nice rides there and how about the entertainment as well, good for you guys. Cool lamp shade as well.

Tour Thursday March 5th to Stan's place (353window).
7pm or so, see ya there for local guys.........and "Hoot" fellows too !!:)

Stan's tour was this evening. He had his under construction '35 3 window (thus his user name on here) and his almost daily driver '34 Ford Sedan.
Over 50 guys and gals showed up. Two fellas drove all the way from Vanderhoof.....and they did for the last tour too !!

Our next tour is THIS Thursday night, March 12th at Lee T's place.

We will see Louis' under construction '40 Willys PIckup and Lee's
collection of GTO's and his almost finished '37 Ford Coupe.

That 3 window is awesome!! Any pics from Thursday, itchin to see the 37 coupe!

Just got home from Ken's funeral.

\Jim R sent me the photos and I will post them up in the AM

I wasn't able to attend thurs night, but Jim R took these photos and sent them to me.
Lee's 37 Ford coupe and Louis' 40 Willys Pickup......

Tonight we are going to Bruce's place to see his Model A coupe and other things.
Bruce was an original Vancouver "Shifter" in the 60's and he bought the famous Cort Elliott owned/Jack Williams built '50 Chevy coupe then changed the colours and interior. This car was picked by Car Craft magazine as top 10 customs of 1962 (3) ?.
He continued to campaign the car on the show circuit.

Here are the photos of tonights tour to Bruce's place out on beautiful West Lake, just west of PG. In my previous post you saw photos of his custom
50 Chevy coupe he owned 50 years ago. This is his current Model A coupe and you will see photos of a couple of A rods he owned 50 years ago as well.

While the Shifters car club had a normal plaque which has been pictured in other threads on this forum, I had never seen the Shifters badges and Bruce had two of em !!!

Edited

That custom Chevy still exists today somewhere in the lower mainland but in an unforturnate state of disrepair and black primer I believe. Wasn't it at the BCHRA 50th year reunion at Cloverdale?

Last edited:
Yes, Brian, the car is as you describe. Same owner last 35-40 years or so.

Last nights garage romp was to Truman's (Mercuryman) place to see his 1950 Mercury. A very nice car. Lots of BS and parking lot stuff. :)

Kieth, first of all THANKS for the pictures!

As I looked through this thread it occurred to me that if we assembled all the under construction and finished cars in one place; we would have a "History Lesson" about the "Hot Rod" world. And it would span over almost 100 years.

It is good to see you guys are part of the history! :)

No this car is not disrepair for those that don't know Terry has stored this car at my shop for the last 3yrs. and every fall we do more to it starting with the mechanically were all real car builders should begin rather than body and paint.We have done many repairs such as all new floor and body mounts new updated wiring harness new rad and this year rebuilding the front suspension. As long as Terry continues to store this AWESOME time capsule at my shop I will continue to bring it back to its glory and keeping it all original to how it was then .No modern bs just pure old skool please keep a eye out for this as it all takes time .

Yes, Brian, the car is as you describe. Same owner last 35-40 years or so.[/QUOTE Car is doing well and fine at my shop and Terry and I have done plenty to it in the last 3 yrs mechanical first paint and body last that's how they are suppose to be built. Keep a eye out for it!!