Olympic Swim Pre trials.....Tinn's daughter

....give her a big rodders hug for all of us...we'll be pullin' for her in this swimm comp and all future ones too.....congrats, these things don't come easily.....
bgbdlinc

Your kind thoughts and wishes are all very appreciated. My wife Susan was in the Montreal pool today standing close by a young woman (early 20's) as she was interviewed by CBC. She stated that this was her third Olympic trials (over 12 years) and she was finally going to the Olympics. She was absolutely vibrating, Susan said. The level of competition and dedication to one's sport is staggering. I get choked up easily ......

Tomorrow, she swims 200 IM and Saturday she swims 200 Breast (her best event...... she's going in seeded 18th)

a proud dad.

Daryl you must have a hard time keepin' buttons on your shirts!!!You have every right to be proud!!!I wish Katie all the best and I hope she makes it!!!!

Hay John in Oz, hows the latest Aussie Olympic swimmer hopeful, Nick D'Arcy... may be out of the squad in less than a week for fisty-cuffs... what a loud mouth, tooting his own horn!!!:eek:

Dribs I'll send you a p.m you wont believe what that was all about, I reckon just drop him from the team, no ifs or buts.

C'ya, JT

Last edited:
Good read Daryl: I just bet your wife is real proud too..Fantatsic stuff..Good to see how everybody here is so supportive as well , Good thing summers commin cause yah wear looser clothing..fatchuk

Good for your young Katie!! All the best to you girl, and congrats to the proud Mom and Dad and sisters too.

Best regards, Bgbkwndo.

Hey Tinn!! How'd the youngin make out in her last events. Rodder minds need to know. :D:D

Her best overall result was 20th in 200M Breaststroke. She got personal best times in all events except one. All in all, it was an incredible experience for a 15 year old. She is pumped and ready to train hard for another 4 years.

Thanks for asking.

Good stuff Tinn, congrats to Katie for a job well done. Four yrs. is a long time to train, I'm sure she'll be right up there with the best next time around.

Holy Geezz Tinn. 20th in the nation at her young age. That sure is something special. Along with you and Momma, your daughter must be very pleased with the results.

Thumbs up from the Onion Patch!!!!!

Aero

That's real neat Tinmann, pass on my congratulations to her from th eland down under. So eh another 4 years of getting out of bed early to take Katie to training. Good for your family it does take a lot of dedications.

Cheers, John