Oh, Oh, somehow I have a project for 2021. (1956 F100 Panel)

Old Ray

Supporting Member
If I live that long ! :eek:
(but i'm a happy, happy guy in the interim :D )

FXEpevsh.jpg

Good looking bones there! What is rolling around in your head for a build plan....surely not a solar panel on the big roof and a Tesla motor...
Great to grab these projects when they come up!
Enjoy,
Greg

What is rolling around in your head for a build plan....Greg

Well, seeing how you asked. The only problem is I'm not sure I'm going to be able to remember them when the time comes. I had a change of plans on my current project so I have a "surplus" left over fuel injected 302 / 5.0 HO from a '92 Mark vii LSC (so that makes it a 5 bolt wheel fox body). I think the engine management system is a stand alone. I think the 8.8 diff will work, not sure to bag it or not. I keep thinking that the fox body front hybrid mcpherson strut (the coil spring is mounted to the frame not on the strut) just might work, ...... maybe. Got some nice gray leathers seats that al37ford help me get. I'm stoked, only two years to wait!

Nice score Ray, I gotta ask, whats the 2 year wait all about? Id be stoked and want dive in now. Is it not available till then?

Nice score Ray, I gotta ask, whats the 2 year wait all about? Id be stoked and want dive in now. Is it not available till then?

Nope, got her yesterday and B.C. transferred and registered in my name today. (happy dance)
Current project has to be done first. Picture is worth a million words, right?
The orange tire hoist went the other way as part of the deal, got a new one that is open in the middle.

h1TUQcel.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
sweet! I understand now. I thought your change of plans of the current meant something else. good to know your finishing the wagon.

Well Ray, I will assume you do not have a Fox body chassis still kicking around.... give me a call, as I do have one here in my collection...that needs to be thinned down. This is a T-Bird complete chassis...no engine/trans.
403 five zero five 9000
Greg

looks like the body work has been done?

Nope, two gallons epoxy black primer sprayed over rust perforation, cracks and splits, and ugly previous welds and repairs. That was not a unexpected surprise, what else would you expect from a "MERCHANT", (someone that likes cars .... for the money)

Well Ray, I will assume you do not have a Fox body chassis still kicking around.... Greg

Thanks much, but sorry Greg, I had drug the body into the back 40 (feet) after I had remove and put the front K member in the outdoor storage shed.

Gonna be a great project. Love panels. Wise move to finish your current project first. Sometimes difficult to do when you get a NEW toy but, IMO essential otherwise you end up with a pile of partially finished projects and nothing finished.

Ray, That MK11 front may work. A couple of locals have used them in their mid '50's PU's & positioning, marking 4 bolts, drilling & its in. From Crown Vic's but maybe the same?

You have a couple of very nice projects there...i had a dodge almost identical to the wagon as my first car when I was 13. Paid $125 for it and had no rust. After 2 years of moving cars around my dad made me sell it. Found it several years latter in a junk yard smashed all to hell...still had my girly magazine under the back seat..ha...

Any updates on the wagon?

Well, thank you for asking. Almost nothing is getting done. As usual it is two (maybe) steps forward and at least one back. I hate Murphy. Keep in mind this is a work in progress and not a photo op.

I ordered one double and one single steering u-joint and a 3/4 DD shaft off eBay and I had a old hiem 3/4 shaft support bearing from a previous project. When I test fitted the shaft to the bearing it was not a press fit and the shaft just turned inside the bearing. Much confusion over reduced shaft size on the net that I never did understand. So I installed everything and applied permatex bearing mount and it worked well (to well). After curing overnight I could not turn the steering wheel, I had inadvertently got some chemical into the support bearing. I don't know where the hiem joint (in picture on the A arm) came from and was going to order a new one but they don't come with a locking collar (for the small shaft) and could not find definitive dimensions so ordered a stock car firewall style. It's in the modified old bracket now.

F0lpLlyl.jpg

I am using the complete Dakota original wiring harness (trying to trick the computer) and the main block plug fit (with some grinding) the original wire plug hole.

hDUxcW3l.jpg

Unfortunately the inside half of the plug had a very short wire harness to the fuse box so to avoid rewiring it went into the kick panel, not great but it will do. Please note my first re-upholstery job for this project on the new kick panels . Good enough for me.

0jQ7lIGl.jpg

The Dakota gauges installed in the modified Plymouth dash. Came out OK.

SQIxA0sl.jpg

I often get sidetracked on some small things for the '56 panel truck, the 302 fuel injection intake was ugly bad dirty dull, so a couple of minutes a day I would brush / spray paint remover, grease remover, thinners, varsol, oven cleaner. and anything that I didn't know what it was on. it still looked bad but test primed with acid etching primer and then some wheel paint. Wow!. Redid the engine plaque as well.

k0h6mDPl.jpg
vDLE74Ol.jpg

Gkca25Kl.jpg
jYzAe0Il.jpg

Looks like a ton of work...I actually like the fuse box location and it might be a good thing after all...if it’s not in the way of your foot and you can cover it with a panel it will make things way easier when you have to get to the fuse panel...mines up under where the original was mounted and it’s a bitch to get in on my back and around the pedals when I need to get to the panel. Intake looks really good from what it was...after seeing this I’m starting to get the itch to find another project to start....keep up posting pictures...alway fun to see the projects as they progress...good stuff.

YEP ! All bad, on a short hold project-wise, first a week of cold weather, costs to much to heat the shop (no natural gas here) and then the snowplow blew a axle seal. I hate winter ! (and working on non-project equipment) :mad:

I8WSZW7l.jpg

You’ve been awful quite lately Ray..hope everything is good with you...ever get that floor finished? Think the last you posted you had the metal in and were starting the carpet...