My procedure to widen a fender.

This one, I'm gonna call done. Just have a couple little welds to do next time I fire up the tig. I did run them through the e wheel, for a wash over pass, and they are nice and smooth.
IMG_2667.jpg
IMG_2668.jpg

Putting this one aside for now, cause I have to start all over again now. I won't bother posting anything on the other one, unless I learn something earth shattering while I'm doing it. That's all folks.

Last edited:
Lots to process, lots of work for that “little” mod too. Anyone looking to have an old car welded up should follow this so when they ask why it costs so much ......

Lots to process, lots of work for that “little” mod too. Anyone looking to have an old car welded up should follow this so when they ask why it costs so much ......
When i went to John's 2 years ago and took a "crash corse" I was pleasantly surprised when John offered to teach me how rather than just doing the work for me. When I asked about that he said that he was happy to help others learn the craft but also, liked to show people just how much time and effort goes into this work. Many people think it's a matter of cut, weld, grind, paint and that something like the fender extension in this thread should be an hour or two at the most. Can't really blame people that have never done or witnessed this before.