Mustang crossmember/ 1927 Essex

Tim

Hi all I recently bought a 1927 Essex with a Mustang 11 crossmember that was in it. The crossmember was made by Macgyver hot rods . The problem is they are out of business and I want to get an installation spec sheet to see if the crossmember was actually installed properly. If anyone has any information I would appreciate it if you could help me out. Thanks

T think castor angle is the only issue to address and I am sure the angle is generic amongst most swaps that us M11 type fron crossmembers.
example a Model a

Thanks guys I also realize I can’t actually figure the angles out until I put the engine and transmission in for the weight. I’ll start this project in a couple of weeks. I’ll let you know how I’m doing and I will send pics. Thanks again.

I will look to see if I still have my instruction sheet from them (might take a few days). I don't recall them having much info on angles on their instructions but it was a long time ago. Most of their crossmembers were built to a spec for a specific vehicle you were installing in. I remember switching projects from a 1953 GM truck to a 1937 Chevy truck and having them swap kits out so the crossmember would work on the new vehicle.

Sounds great the crossmember looks like it was put in properly I just have concerns with the spring tower’s location. Just curious about the castor angle. Thanks

I wasn't able to find the instructions although I am sure I have them somewhere but I did find an old catalogue and it had what measurements they needed for custom crossmembers and seeing that I am about 99% sure that they provided no information about what angle the hats or crossmember needed to be installed at as it was all built into the design of those pieces. Everything was installed based on measurements from known places on the frame. I will keep my eye out for the instructions and post if I come across them.
20231012_150054.jpg

Wow. Thanks for the information I really appreciate everyone’s advice. When I actually start the project I’ll post pictures and questions I’m sure I’ll have. Thanks again

I found them and they do give a little info about angles required. I know they say Hercules but they had a Macgyvers cover page so they definitely came from them.
20231013_081257.jpg

20231013_081305.jpg

Great information Hercules is where I purchased other crossmembers from. I can actually go there and talk to them. Thanks so much for the information. 👍

Reactions: K13