Moustache envy

JohnnyBgood

Supporting Member
This will take a few posts to get all the pictures in......This is a story about moustache envy. Every time i would see Bob he would comment about how nice my moustache was and that he wanted one just like it. I would just sit back and run my fingers down the curves on my handle bar moustache and smile. Bob finally said...I’ve had enough..I also will have a magnificent moustache...and this is how he did it.

The moustache in question and the non moustache
F98046CD-DD30-4A69-AE1D-B6CAFC0FC490.jpeg
848ADDDC-8FA8-422E-BCDB-B0FC9CD9A686.jpeg

First he layed out a base with thin plywood laminated together in a few layers
3513E980-B852-4892-91FC-D1D5A0E07EC7.jpeg
CEBC9B67-E306-4D70-BC3F-1051322B00C1.jpeg
6A1B7C61-B42E-41B3-866E-84726B93280E.jpeg

Last edited:
Now that’s a stach to be proud of. I think he did a great job. I’m sure this process can be used to reproduce other hard to find original parts that are seemingly made of unobtainium or to build a custom piece. This piece has been on the car for almost 2 years with no issues. It was cut into 3 pieces like the original and unless you have this one and a original sitting side by side you would never know it’s not a original piece.

Last edited:
I just want to add that this part for the Buick Super and Roadmaster are obscenely expensive. They had a problem with the mechanics leaning on them and cracking them. A poor one without cracks go for $600 on fleabay. Im embarrassed to even tell how much I have into my moustache bar. Bob has a couple of hundred bucks at the most into this one...and it looks great.

My knees are banging together just thinking ! LOVE those early Buicks & this drill works!

I would have a hard time believing that moustache could be fabricated, and turn out that well with the “building” materials.
WoW! Thanks.
Greg