Majestics 45th Annual Car Show

ledzled

Some of us Vintage Cruisers from Portage la Prairie are coming out for the show April 16/17. I was checking out the Majestics website. What's the buzz around the show this year? What are we going to see? It's a swap meet too, right? Honestly haven't been for a long, long time... since the 80's. I think I still have a Majestics mug I bought at that show. Looking forward to it! Hope there are plenty of 50's Fords!!

The swap meet is on the Saturday only. Majestics usually put on a good show. Maybe Stan can jump in here to answer a little more in depth as he is a Majestics member. Pat.

Anyone have a link to more info on the show & swap? There's a slight chance I may drive out for it and may even be a vendor if it's worth the trip.

Swap Meet

The swap meet is in a different building and is put on by the Regina Antique Auto Association. I will try to attach a copy of the poster.

2011SwapMeet.jpg

2011SwapMeetApplication.jpg

Thanks for the link and posters, guys! I'll have to do some serious thinking about coming out for the weekend.

....ford 33 pretty well sumed up the swap meet. Majestics Car Show goes on Saturday the 16th and Sunday the 17th. One week before and we are full with a waiting list in case of cancellations. I won't be around the show much this year as I am working 12 hour night shifts all weekend.... :mad:
Stan. ....

I just booked a couple of spots at the swap meet so I guess I'm coming out! I'm looking forward to meeting a bunch of you guys there.

...Show and Swap Meet are on the same grounds, different buildings.
Stan. ....

Cool, thanks Stan.

Can you recommend a reasonable motel/hotel in the area that won't break the bank? We'd be staying at least one night, possibly two.

Someone please take a camera and take lots of pics too, as its expected you know! thanks.

Glad you're coming Al! I'm going to try to get a room on the east-side of town. I guess there's plenty to choose from. Maybe Super 8? Threre's three of us from Portage coming so we're going to share costs. Will look for you... I'll message you my cell number so we can connect at some point.

Lorne.

Ya, you've got one of those good cameras that doesn't take pics of new cars!
I better watch that I do't get busted for profiling! :D

Glad you're coming Al! I'm going to try to get a room on the east-side of town. I guess there's plenty to choose from. Maybe Super 8? Threre's three of us from Portage coming so we're going to share costs. Will look for you... I'll message you my cell number so we can connect at some point.
Lorne.
Thanks Lorne! I'm bringing one of my fellow Kin Club members with me so we should have a blast! I'll look into east side accommodations too, I think. Pat offered to let us stay at his place but with the amount of fuel my rig burns we'd probably be better off staying right in Regina. I also doubt that we'll get there in time to set up at the swap meet Friday night, which means we have to be there for 7am on Saturday. Bleh!! :p

What kind of stuff you peddling, Al?? If I'm feeling better by then I just might show up and bug you......

What kind of stuff you peddling, Al?? If I'm feeling better by then I just might show up and bug you......

You're more than welcome to drop by and bug me, just don't bring your cold/flu with you! :p
I will have my '26 T touring body, assorted T parts, a few things that came off my Essex, and other odds & ends with me. I'm hoping to go home with an empty trailer and a pocketful of cash to put towards the Essex rebuild. :)

...The east side of Regina on Victoria Avenue East is probably the best/quietest area. The #1 highway comes in on that street. Lots of new hotels but the Super 8 is bit older and cheaper and still quite decent. You can reach them at 1-800-8000-8000 or www.super8.com
There are no hotels close to the Show, and the closest one to it.... you don't want to stay there.....
I'm a little slow to reply these days, knee deep in house renovations... doors, windows, flooring, two bathrooms...... :mad: .. :(
Stan. ........