Looking for used ring gears

Looking for some used ring gears and/or spider gears or my rat rod project. Located in cold lake, AB but willing to pay for shipping or meet somewhere. Thanks

I’ve never heard the term “design element” before. Can someone enlighten me as to its meaning in this case?

I’ve never heard the term “design element” before. Can someone enlighten me as to its meaning in this case?

If you google "Hauk Jeep Rat Rod" and look at the headlights its what I'm getting at. Thinking of incorporating some ring gears in a similar fashion.

Thanks for the clarification. I learned something new today so it’s a good day. I think it’s a pretty cool idea too👍

That's just fine. It'll probably look even better a little beat up. Are you looking to part with it?

Actually it was the pinion that had the teeth missing.
the ring is very good shape but unless to me.
Not much of a demand for an 8 inch Ford anymore.

Its yours if you want.

Might be going to the quick times swap on October 12th, are you going?

Last edited:
No I wont be able to go to that. We might have to arrange shipping or something else. Im new to this forum so and I dont know how to private message but you can text me if its easier. 7805735139. Any chance you have the spider gears from the axle too?

Perhaps you could approach a local driveline shop that repairs differentials. The shop where I got my driveshaft fixed also does lots of diffs that off-roaders break. Might even get what your looking for for free😄

No I wont be able to go to that. We might have to arrange shipping or something else. Im new to this forum so and I dont know how to private message but you can text me if its easier. 7805735139. Any chance you have the spider gears from the axle too?

No private messaging....yet (there was but it was discontinued)

Nope to the spider gears.

Need the postal code to check on post office shipping, since there is no greyhound anymore.

Perhaps you could approach a local driveline shop that repairs differentials.
The shop where I got my driveshaft fixed also does lots of diffs that off-roaders break.
Might even get what your looking for for free😄

This may work out better for you. let me know. thanks.

Last edited:
Unfortunately no luck with the shops around here. At least right now, one had some axles up until this morning. So I'd still pay for shipping as long as it's not outrageous. My postal code is t9m1m7

Thanks

Unfortunately no luck with the shops around here. At least right now, one had some axles up until this morning. So I'd still pay for shipping as long as it's not outrageous. My postal code is t9m1m7

Thanks

Ok, thanks, will go on Friday to the PO to get the costs.

Hey Brian, you can figure out the costs online ,saving you the trip to the PO.
Quote the price to alberta rat for a very close estimate, if he agrees, take it to the PO get the actual price ,which will be damn close if not the same. This way he can
decide whether or not it will be worth the shipping.
https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/far/business/findARate?execution=e3s1
PS : Bathroom scale required

Thanks Lee. I was aware of it and as you say, the Post Office is always a few dollars more than this calculator.

(I think their scales are off, and they use that cloth tape that stretches too).

To AlbertaRatRod:

cost to ship via the Post Office is $20.00.

Up to you if you still want it.