LED SIGNALS

shane2290

Supporting Member
So originally I had put LED tailights in back of the T with incandescent signals up front and had no problems --swapped out headlights with LED halo signal up front --broke one headlight from the episode last year so figure would upgrade to the ones listed below ---installed GROTE 2 prong flasher with ground last night ---nadda--- so now I am still scratching -----if I ground it out with test light they work ----can manually blink them off signal switch as they just stay on with no flasher ....... is it just the wrong flasher? do i need to install two for hazards and signals? I wasnt too concerned with the hazards right now but need signals. Any thoughts?>
Cheers

IMG_20220622_193321869.jpg

I thought I read somewhere that LEDs don’t work with conventional flashers because they don’t draw enough amps to make the flasher flash.

I just put LED tail lights in this 38 and the flasher did not work. So what I did was put regular 1157 bulbs for signal lights for the front and the flasher now works.

I had to put load resistors in my LED tail lights to get them to flash. I can try and find which ones I used if you want

LED's don't produce enough resistance(heat) to active the strip in a conventional flasher. So you need to add a load or get a flasher designed for LED's.
This video explains it well:

I had to put load resistors in my LED tail lights to get them to flash. I can try and find which ones I used if you want
Yes Lee you were correct ---all that would work --Flasher with ground did squat but these lill units worked fine. tucked them right inside the headlight bucket.

Cheers Shane

IMG_20220704_184921929.jpgIMG_20220704_185925235.jpg