Intro...finally

Fordtruck

Supporting Member
Greetings all from Smithers BC. I had a little trouble getting signed in using my cell phone, am better with the desktop. Really though, another computer Luddite.

My ride will be a '56 Ford/Merc pickup when all the pieces are in one place. (code for do not expect pictures soon.) I own motorcycles as well, so I have lots of opportunities to get out in the wind. Being able to roll under things is also important to me, so what I am saying is: closed cab with windshield wipers, heater, and defrost. And also, not a lowrider!

I started out as an HD mechanic, but have spent most of my time trucking as an owner/operator. Those in the business know that mechanic work is necessary to keep the beasts running to work the next day. This helps with the equipment side of things, but damps one's interest. The rod becomes more work to keep just another @#$%^&* machine running.

Reading the site for a couple years has given me a good idea of the talent and knowledge pool that posts here. Although I have some skills, my imagination, experience, and talent are not anywhere near what I have seen. For that reason, my posts will be rare. As well I am still working long hours; maybe some day retirement will happen, although my retired buddies roll their eyes and say they now have less spare time.

Welcome to the group. Retirement is not so bad as long as you have activities, whatever they are, to keep you busy. Your project will help with that.

Welcome to the big CR sandbox.

Don't be afraid to jump in and play.

I'm semi-retired in that I have a p/t job to keep the abyss (Black Betty) happy.

I guess pics will follow once you have more parts and what direction the build will be.

Welcome to the Rodder site.

All this retirement nonsense is highly over rated. When you hear people say they are busier in retirement than when they were working, they aren't kidding. I run out of hours every day of the year and really, I cannot begin to keep up with everything that needs to be done in life.

Good luck with your pickup! :)

Giday Fordtruck, I laughed at your comments regarding keeping things going, Trucks mate ! F&*(#@ trucks and time just don't mix well alright, it takes it's toll alright finding time and energy after banging cogs all day and half the night. So keep after that F truck and you'll be right, use it as a tax deduction for work mate and book some of the parts etc against the business hahaha.

Welcome from Fort Erie, ON!

Great story and check in when you can. As for being a computer luddite, those are people who are afraid of modern technology and you certainly don't sound like one. If it's any help, I wrote up some computer tech advice for the members of my car club.

Well here's an update on nothing!
I retired and sold the incomplete 56 Ford truck project.
We also moved to Rocky Mountain House, Alberta. It's nice here; there is a large car scene within 2 hours drive.
I now have a 57 Chev, 150 2 dr. post. The plan is to get it on the road as a runner, nothing fancy just a cruise night ride.
If any here have 57 Chev parts to sell, I am "all ears". A complete blower motor and squirrel cage fan would be a good start.

Ok so where are the pics now? Welcome back lol
I may have one of those but thinking got tossed in the clean up after car was done ---will check over the wknd

Cheers Shane

Welcome in, those past and current projects are also some of my favorites…glad you joined in. I’m about 1/2 a coffee away from ya; let me know when you are out cruising around. Greg. 403 five zero five 9000

Well here's an update on nothing!
I retired and sold the incomplete 56 Ford truck project.
We also moved to Rocky Mountain House, Alberta. It's nice here; there is a large car scene within 2 hours drive.
I now have a 57 Chev, 150 2 dr. post. The plan is to get it on the road as a runner, nothing fancy just a cruise night ride.
If any here have 57 Chev parts to sell, I am "all ears". A complete blower motor and squirrel cage fan would be a good start.
I have a '57 dash cluster, no gauges. In great shape too.

Attachments

• DSC05115.jpeg
    DSC05115.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC05114.jpeg
    DSC05114.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 11