Interesting NEW changes to the MVA

Old Fart

SUBJECT: AUTOMOBILE DIMMER SWITCHES

1. Pursuant to the Province of Manitoba - Solicitor General Motor Vehicles Division Act Revision No. 9-2-0-001, all motor vehicles sold in the Province of Manitoba after June 1, 2013 will be required to have the headlight dimmer switch mounted on the floor board. The dimmer switch must be mounted in a position accessible to operation by pressing the dimmer switch with the left foot. The dimmer switch must be far enough removed from the brake pedal and or clutch pedal to avoid inadvertent operation of either pedal when applying pressure to the dimmer switch.

2. Included in the above act, and beginning June 1, 2013 all other vehicles with steering column mounted dimmer switches must be retrofitted with a floorboard mounted dimmer switch of the type described above. The existing steering column mounted dimmer switch configuration MUST be removed from the vehicle during the retrofit operation. Vehicles which have not made the change will fail the forth coming Province of Manitoba Safety Inspection Program that will commence operation on June 1, 2013.

3. It is recognized that this will cause some hardship for the driving public. However, this change is being made in the interest of public safety. The Province of Manitoba Solicitor General Motor Vehicles Act Division N0. 96-01-02-0001 will revert all Manitoba Motor Vehicles
to the dimmer switch system in use prior to the influx of foreign market vehicles. A recent study entitled "Initiation Sequence in Manitoba Nigh Time Highway Traffic Accidents" conducted jointly by the Government of Manitoba (Motor Vehicles Division) and a University of Manitoba Medical Research Team, has shown the 95% of all Province of Manitoba night time highway accidents are caused by blonds getting their feet caught in the steering wheel!!!! :) ;)

I should have know you were up to something Doug but to be honest you really had me suckered!!!!!!! :D

Randy

I just checked my calendar ... IT IS NOT APRIL 1st ... :D

Luckily ... the original car manufacturers will pick up the total cost ... :eek:

:cool:

Last edited:
Hook, line, and sinker, my friend!! :D

Sadly, regulation changes like this (if they were true) wouldn't surprise me at all here in the People's Republic of Manitoba. This is the province where customizing cars is frowned upon. Very frustrating.

Well, LOL, its well after June 1th, so are ya'll in compliance???

BTW, any 'bians looking for a cool custom 49 Merc??