Initial Issues and Questions

Admin

Administrator
PLEASE post any issues or questions in this thread and NOT in the general Discussion / Chat forum. Thanks.
Any threads that are started there on this subject will be moved here.

Frank,
Great job on the migration.

While jumping around the top HOME FORUMS WHAT's NEW RESOURCES MEMBERS
At some point it logs me out and I have to click on login to continue.

Not a big issue but might stump some members

I had something similar. When I went to members it kicked me off and asked me to login..but you could see on the screen I was still logged in. i just touched my screen and it disappeared.

I opened the last 15 threads to show them as read and they then showed in the lighter font except Perpetual Joke, lesser of two weevils and What Did You Do Today. No matter how many times I go into these threads, they still remain bold or unread. Just thought I would pas this along.
Warren

Warren, I can't duplicate this issue. A few comments however to everyone:
  • When you're looking at the list of threads in any area, if you click on the thread subject (e.g. "Perpetual Joke Thread"), you will go to the first post in that thread.
  • If you click on the date on the far right side (which is the last post date), you will be taken to the bottom of the thread.
  • When you exit a thread, NEVER use your browser back arrow as it will negate your visit and the thread will still show are being "NEW". Instead, you the navigation at the top or bottom of each thread list. Like: Home > Forums > Admin Stuff > Categories. " Home" or "Forums" will take you back to the main index.

Occasionally , it takes a while for a reply to a post to post, most times it quick as hell..

I can only add to the applause Frank. Looks really pro and obviously done by a (possibly reluctant) IT Pro. Thanks again!
Now to try and fix my fuzzy avatar or.. maybe a new one:unsure:??

Occasionally , it takes a while for a reply to a post to post, most times it quick as hell..
Not sure Brian about response time. could be a lot of things - even server load. there's more complexity here and it's on a shared server obviously.

I can only add to the applause Frank. Looks really pro and obviously done by a (possibly reluctant) IT Pro. Thanks again!
Now to try and fix my fuzzy avatar or.. maybe a new one:unsure:??
John, looks like you got your avatar set up nicely.

2 questions.
First...is there any way to make the font bigger?...old eyes are having a hard time seeing the print...
Second..in the old system if I was writing a long post that took me a fair amount of time it would time me out when I went to post it. I’m a one finger typer and i have to go back and forth a few times before I remember how to post a picture so all that I guess takes too long...is the new program the same way and is there a set time limit that we can use as a guide?

JBG / All
  1. There is a way to make the font bigger (for everyone) but it would affect all pages in all areas AND might screw up the formatting of the page templates. There may be a way to do it for individuals coming in a new realease of the software but not something I would commit to. I have a large monitor so not an issue for me. JBG, what size monitor are you using if you don't mind me asking?
  2. About timing, I have to look into where "timeout" setting are as it's not obvious to me. However, there is draft functionality here and I will be creating a tutorial on that in the Resources section.

I have a old iPad. The screen is only about 7 inches wide...most likely the problem...

With all this talk about avatars I decided to try to go in and change mine. Worked with no problems. However, when I came back from that endeavour, I was no longer logged in even though I was checked "stay logged in". Logged back in no problem. Nothing to worry about just found it odd.

With all this talk about avatars I decided to try to go in and change mine. Worked with no problems. However, when I came back from that endeavour, I was no longer logged in even though I was checked "stay logged in". Logged back in no problem. Nothing to worry about just found it odd.
Cody, yes it is something to worry about - for me. I'm looking this as this should not happen. Thanks for reporting.

Frank,
Great job on the migration.

While jumping around the top HOME FORUMS WHAT's NEW RESOURCES MEMBERS
At some point it logs me out and I have to click on login to continue.

Not a big issue but might stump some members
@58chev , I had to adjust cookie settings. Let me know if you get arbitrarily logged out again.

Last edited:
@Admin
Did a bunch of jumping around, all seems to be fine in the land of OZ 👌

Last edited by a moderator: