Image Converter

JohnnyBgood

Supporting Member
This site only uses jpeg. Most of the pictures that I have taken off the net won’t work. I’ve downloaded a few but still can’t post the pictures here after I convert them..Anyone know of a good photo converter for a iPad? Only need it to change to jpeg.

Never mind..new iPad does crap that the other one didn’t...just had to put the right setting in ..eh

Rusty THAT is totally correct. I have had Pilots radio me to say they are returning to base with a snag, and then 5 minutes later say disregard. One Convair did emergency shut down of one engine due to high oil temp, landed on one and then admitted they forgot a switch. It happens.

Yeah the problem might be we are human but this damn iPad is a piece of crap..doing the same thing again today that it was doing yesterday..and I have it on the proper settings...damn piece of crap...going to take my old one in and see if they can fix it...

Not sure why you are having problems with your iPad. I’m using one here virtually all the time and I have no issues.

I finally retired my last old iPad after the hard drive became almost full and it started to act up on occasion. It was really old! Once nearly full data on them or any computer for that matter can become fragmented - that is one or any file could be stored on multiple places in the hard drive and make it very hard for the iPad or computer to function effectively/efficiently as it has to go back and forth looking for the rest of a particular document. We use to be able to de-fragment hard drives on computers that would often make big differences - not sure though on an iPad.

See how much room you have left on it!

Not saying that is your problem for sure - but it could be. Also software needs to be updated and often hardware becomes obsolete that can not be updated. Then the software and hardware can not function properly together.

I have been using Macs including iPads for most of my computer life because when they came out they said "Macs were for dummies" and up my hand went!!! Macs have always been more money to get into but generally have a longer life in my experience. I have had several that the hardware could no longer be updated and it was not working with newer software and then it became basically obsolete.

The iPad giving me a issue is new...hardly anything on it..have it set to keep any pictures as a jpeg..but for some reason it won’t...old one got crushed and would only work on part of the screen...I really don’t have a lot of patience for technology and new stuff....

My iPad is nearly 7 years old. I’ve not set it up for jpeg or anything. I just use the iPhone camera and airdrop the photo to the iPad. I just upload it to the forum from there. Works a treat.

Yes I also take photos with a digital camera and store them as jpeg on my computer. That way if anything crashes I still have everything and can transfer.

Only time I have a issue is when I take a screen shot off the net..I’ve tried to mail it to myself...take a screen shot of my screen shot...nothing helps.. I can’t post it..anyways I took my old iPad in to get fixed today...the screen was only showing a picture on about half of it and I couldn’t get the keyboard to come up....guy looked at it ..pushed on the screen...and now nothing works..won’t even turn on.....guy says that it broken beyond repair...as I’m walking out the door he offers me $20 for it and says he might use it for parts or if he can get the right parts he might be able to get it going...what happened to .broken beyond repair?...anyways I kept it and when I got nothing to do I’m going to take it apart and see what’s inside...will post pictures of the inside if I can get them to load...ha.

Well I think I figured out my picture issue...iso captures a screen shot in HEIF format...which we cant use here...if you take a screen shot and go to edit and even just touch it so thinks you did a edit Hit the done button and it now will save the picture in as a JPEG format and the picture can then be posted on here...problem solved