Hello, new to the Hot Rod Scene

KJSinner

Hello from Powell River BC, like the title says my wife and I are New to the Hot Rod Scene. We have owned our 1950 GMC 9300 Pickup Truck for about a year now. I drive it when I can and would like to meet up with others for the odd cruise or even BS about vehicles. Anyway great to be here and sure I will be seeing some of you around. Cheers, Kevin.

Hello Kevin! There are a bunch of car guys in Powell River, so you should have no problem meeting like minded people there!

Cheers!
James

Excellent stuff, welcome to great hobby…lifestyle if you wish. Assuming that is your truck in the avatar picture, love the blue :)
Share away, a great group here and on the Facebook page too…I stick here, fb eats too much time for me.
Thanks for jumping in.
Greg

Bunch more over the great white water. I think the Sechelt show/tour, etc. is a couple of weeks into August. Every wed eve after 5pm there is a bs session down in Nanaimo behind the old Sears store ..usually couple of hundred show up. Shows regularly over here just look on..oops Check out this site:
Won't copy over but just dial in Vancouver Island Hot Rods & it shouls come up.

Welcome to the group Kevin. As you may have guessed we like to review details and photos of other member's rides. Feel free to post some on your GMC. I don't suppose your truck has a GMC mill. They're worth a small fortune these days. All I could afford was a valve cover for my fake GMC.

Last edited:
Welcome and yes we will help you find a 35 year old blond but much like a dog chasing a bus does it really matter ?

Welcome Kevin, perhaps there is a club close to you there which could be a good way to meet up with like minded folks.