Hello from the Okanagan

Keyser79

Hi there, new member here - I've been lurking through the posts here for a while, and thought it was time to actually sign up. Car building is new to me, but I have built a couple snowmobiles in the past - here's a pic of the turbo carbon fiber ski-doo I built a while back:
NNIEyBa.jpeg

Currently, I'm in the research stages of a project that I have in mind, and am just getting my head wrapped around the registration process, equipment requirements (for safety and to pass inspection), and the classification best suited to the build (modified/modified collector vs replica/constructed vs ubilt).

Should I start a build thread to share the specs and info as I work through it even though I haven't yet committed to undertaking the build?

-Brian

Thanks for the intro Brian. Nice snowmobile project you have. You will find all the help you need here on this site, so ask away. Undertaking a new project can be quite exciting, so go for it and don't be shy, just ask.

Carl

Right on Brian welcome aboard. I too used to build custom sleds, and we share the same name 🤣.
If you're new to building and are not sure of laws and regulations you can do what I did years ago and print off the BC Motor Vehicle Act Regulations, everything's there. Do it at work though cause it's about 314 pages lol.
Cheers.
Brian.16161701432315092457199396995711.jpg

Right on Brian welcome aboard. I too used to build custom sleds, and we share the same name 🤣.
If you're new to building and are not sure of laws and regulations you can do what I did years ago and print off the BC Motor Vehicle Act Regulations, everything's there. Do it at work though cause it's about 314 pages lol.
Cheers.
Brian.View attachment 2595
OR you could order a copy from the Queen's Printer in BC OR download a PDF version and read it at your leisure while on the throne.

A BTW....welcome to the forum.

Welcome Brian , Great job on the sled! By all means share what plans you have for your next build. From the looks of your sled I'm sure it will very interesting.

OR you could order a copy from the Queen's Printer in BC OR download a PDF version and read it at your leisure while on the throne.

A BTW....welcome to the forum.
🤣 this is exactly what I've been doing from my phone

Cheers.
Brian.View attachment 2595
Thanks! I have a bunch of sections book already marked online, the pdf downloaded, and I paid the ~$20 or so for online access to the inspection manual too! (y)

I will add my welcome in also . As for starting a build thread I would think that's your decision . Most don't but it might be interesting to have the whole process including the decision on what to buy and how to start all on one thread .

Welcome to the group here Brian. Sure we like build threads and even just plans. And we like giving advice, even if it's not welcome. :) Details on registering your car vary, depending on where it's from and condition etc. so lets get the details and story sorted before heading in the wrong direction. Definitely get it in your name, even if it's a heap of junk, before you invest a bunch of time and money., as incomplete vehicles can now be registered. When you're ready then have it inspected and licensed for the road.