Hello from Northern Ab.

ddversatile

Hey guys, new member here, was recommended to the forum by my neighbor (who has many hot rods :) ). I'm 18, with his help, my dads and the internet i was able to do a rebuild on my 1968 Jeep Gladiator Truck. We rebuilt the engine, resealed the trans, rebuilt the transfer case, and rear wheel seals and repacked and set the bearings on the rear axle. Mechanical things aside, I repainted the undercarriage from the front bumper, to the front of the bed (will do the rear frame at some point. I redid a good deal of the interior and cleaned and repainted the engine bay. I had the truck repainted, the paint was ok, but the bed was tonka yellow and the cab canary yellow. Now the whole truck is the nice bright ford pinto yellow. I also built the tool box in the bed in shop class from a 55 gal. drum.
I still have things I plan to do to the Jeep, but Im very happy with its current state.
I also own a 1972 GMC truck that I plan to start working on soon, it was purchased in my hometown and lived its entire life within a few miles of where I live.

yaya.jpg

jojo.jpg
dindong.jpg
IMG1227.jpg

123.jpg

Sweet rides ! Thanks for sharing and welcome to to the forum.. Lots of good info here.
I love to see the young guys interested in hot rodding. Looks like you are already have great start to being a very talented craftsman (y)
Get a good paying job lol

Welcome and great to see a young gun join up. You caught on immediately that we likes pictures. Not too many of those Jeep products left on the road, nice looking.

Wow....what a great introduction. Your joining will lower the average age of the guys on here. The Jeep looks great....nice work and detail. Thank you for joining us.

Welcome aboard ddversatile. Your certainly on the right track with your Jeep. Nice work! :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum from the southwestern corner of Alberta.

Really nice job on the Jeep.

Good to see you here Dylan. His Jeep is better in person than the pics. He has a real eye for detail and did a super job on it. I'm looking forward to seeing the GMC come together.

I do love them old Jeep trucks... yours looks fantastic Dylan! The cool tool box is a great personal touch too.
Welcome to the forum, and a live long hobby too.
Greg

very cool! I have always loved the Jeep pickups, my first truck (in the late 90's) was an 81 J10. Welcome to the forum