Hello from Carstairs, Ab

Thanks for joining us ! Lots of Alberta guys are members here. Please do pitch in, ask questions and offer your insights. We appreciate it all.
cheers. Keith

As a newbie also I add my welcome . Tell us about yourself and yes we really like pictures .

Welcome to the big CR sandbox, don't hesitate, come on in and play.

Oh BTW, did anyone mention we like pics (photos to some)

Welcome aboard. My cousin here is a chiropractor too, but he is into Dodges rather than cars, Dodge Watercars that is.

ehRoYMe.jpg

gKr0NTb.jpg

These boats were made by Horace Dodge Jr. after the Dodge brother's widows sold the car company. This one is a 1928 model.

Last edited:
Hmmm. Wonder if those old wood boats got the moniker .. Woodies... like the wooden station wagons of the time did....

Now that I’ve had a coffee I’m thinking that all the boats of that time period were most likely made of wood so maybe the term didn’t apply.. I once built a wooden boat in my basement. It was called a sea flea style . Was a small speed boat. Took me about 5 months . Finally got it done and put in in the back pond where it sat proud in the water...for about 2 minutes then sank to the bottom of the pond. My neighbour at the time looked out his back window and seen me standing there looking at the pond which was actually on his property. He came out and asked me what I was doing. Told him I built a boat but it sunk to the bottom of the pond. He said..you built a boat? I said yes.. he said you put it in my pond?..I said yes..he said its at the bottom of my pond? I said yes.. He said. I wasn’t a boat ..then went back into his house. Those wooden boats of that time period were a work of art and craftsmanship....

Welcome aboard Chris. Sounds like an interesting project coming up. Hope to see a thread on it.