Hello from Calgary

o-matic13

Hello, long time lurker here, finally decided to join and post.

Some pics of the last thing I built which was a 67 c10 on air ride with a v8 swap. Sold it a number of years ago and haven't had the time or space to start a new project til now. Just finished building a new garage so I'm ready to jump into a new project. Just bought a 27 Model T roadster body so that's the next thing I'll be building (will post pics soon!)

ae7O2mB.jpg

inhFBri.jpg

yjPE8W2.jpg

Welcome to our little group. We appreciate your joining. Pics of the T as it comes together would be great.

Now that is a low looking truck! Welcome in, posting stuff up for others to watch learn or just comment on is more fun than just lurking! Thanks for jumping in.
…what are the plans for the T? What parts are you looking for? I have a some spares of this n that, just north of ya in Sylvan Lake.
Cheers
Greg

Welcome to the CR sandbox. don't hesitate to ask question or advise from some of the old coots on this forum.

Welcome! Nice looking c10 .
Looking forward to your T build! There's some great info here

Welcome..incase nobody told you ..we do like pictures..garage pictures too so we know what we will be working with..Do you have a backgpound in the automotive sector?..pictures of new project would be excellent…👍

Thanks everyone, I'll get some more pics soon. No background in the automotive sector, just been tinkering with cars for a while and always building stuff. Lots of fabrication projects over the years and woodworking experience.

Plans for the T are to keep it fairly traditional and period correct - true to what someone might have built in the 40s or 50s. Would like to start with Model A frame rails but have considered building my own from box tubing too (I know, kinda goes against the period correct thing). Leaf spring front and rear, probably split bones in front. Not sure about dropped axle or not, wont be channeling the body so am going for more of a hi-boy look. Model A or later banjo axle out back, wide 5. Plan on doing a flathead but am totally new to the flathead thing so not entirely sure what to look for there.

CDNflatlander, there's a couple T parts I need to get the body setup - windshield posts/frame and door latches come to mind. Going to need some patch panels for the turtle deck too, but I think I'll probably have to buy from Howell's unless I can find a turtle deck with the pieces I need

Most excellent! Now my pile o parts does not have any windshield posts… door latches, I suggest buy new or better yet get the bear claw latches, those damn doors don’t like staying shut if the body twists a bit…and they flex (look at the wood content).
Patch panels….hmmm can you weld a bit? After playing with a bit of sheet metal you likely be quite happy just hand forming over the edge of a welding gas bottle… topics for later, after some project pictures.
Again, welcome in.

Welcome aboard ! Missed the first introduction ...ooooops

there is a T in the garage you say? haha ------------pics pics pics pics we need pics !

Cheers Shane

Started a thread for the T roadster project here: