Fuel system vapours

Sassy

Supporting Member
Looking for input on how to control gas vapours.
My problem is pressure in the tank. I ended up drilli g a hole in the cap to allow pressure out but now dealing with fumes. Not a huge deal for me but my wife gets a headache at the SLIGHTEST hint of fumes in the car and although she doesn't complain its a problem.
I'm hoping to find a solution somehow using the stock charcoal canister from the '89 Tbird and the one way vented cap.
Any input greatly appreciated!
Fred

Last edited:
Interesting component... I’m not sure that is really going to do much for reducing “fume” scent in a guys garage or inside the car in my case (Model A, with an interior fuel tank). I have not bought it, and I have never seen it before, so talking out my backside, but could that just be a “hi-spot” or allow for some tank fume to expand into, Like a capillary tube and terminating into the sintered bronze 40 micron “filter”? Would that sinter bronze filter take the fuel smell (filter) so I couldn’t smell the gas fumes, I don’t think they do that?
Reading their instructions, there seems to be a lot of concern on the heat of the fuel tank; to me that reads expanding fume concern, giving a bit more space for it to de pressure and then not sloshing up and giving issue when filling up or running a race.
I am all ears, as I am to playing with ideas how to eliminate the fuel smell in my wife’s Model A.
Thanks for posting, Masciolj; I do hope it works for you and could help us.
Greg

Yes I hit on that company as well but I like Greg don't think it will deal with the smell problem.
I think the fumes need to go through a charcoal
filter and/or be introduced to the motor via something similar to the stock system.
Fred

I clicked on the link and found a chat box.
I explained my problem and after a back and forth
it was stated that fumes would be dramatically reduced or eliminated.,, So, 300$ US to find out the truth,,,,.
Fred