FUEL PRESSURE

Do Mr Gasket fuel pressure regulators work?? PROS & CONS???:confused::confused: Thanks, Frank

Work to do what, for what reason? :confused:

I am sure it would lower the amount of fuel pressure, I had one, can’t remember what kind, but in my infinite (misguided) wisdom I put it on for the wrong reason, idiot that I am. I had a small block Chevy with a no-start problem when cold and I was sure that a shinny thing with a gauge on it would be the ultimate fix or at least look cool. :eek:

Turned out to be a temperature sensitive open in the electric control module but the fuel regulator sure did look good. :D

Old Ray.. I just put on a new Edelebrock 1405 carb & the instructions said 5-6 lbs pressure. the stock pump (Chebby 350) puts out about 12. Wondering it it would make a difference. Thanks Frank

The reason I was asking is..... Brand new carb, mixture seems right, but getting gas smells from exhaust... too rich???! No, not me... the carb!!!!!:eek::eek::confused: Frank

I would expect it to show up more after the car is turned off by flooding or if you pulled the air cleaner and looked in you would see white smoke. Im not sure what edelebrock offers in mid or high range tuneability but Iv allways liked to get on a road that you can run 40 or 50 mph go a few miles stop and pull a plug and see what it needs.i wouldn't expect it to be good right out of the box without a little fooling around. the only time Iv had a plug look right and still smelled gas i had a cracked valve. hopefully someone with some edelebrock experiance jumps in.

did a quick search and most are saying 4 psi 5 tops with this carb and still had to make some changes running rich seems to be common out of the box . guess your going to have to comfirm pressure before going much further lot of info on hot rod board and the hamb.

Last edited:
I just went through this today, new stock mechanical fuel pump,I had a Holley regulator but it was a high pressure unit, couldn't get it below 8 lbs. blew the power valve out and flooded like crazy. Swapped itfor a low pressure Holley unit 1-4 lbs. and all is good set to 4 lbs. part number 12804 got mine at lordco. Gord

I had a rich running condition on my deuce truck. Black smoke out of the exhaust. Put a holley regulator I got from Mopac to regulate it down to 3 psi. Truck runs like a dream now. I had an electric pump on it at that time that put out 6 psi. Way to high for the needle and seat to hold it back. Running a stock mechanical pump now so that isn't an issue anymore. But yes a regulator will help if your carb cant hold back the pressure your pump is putting out.

I just went through this today, new stock mechanical fuel pump,I had a Holley regulator but it was a high pressure unit, couldn't get it below 8 lbs. blew the power valve out and flooded like crazy. Swapped itfor a low pressure Holley unit 1-4 lbs. and all is good set to 4 lbs. part number 12804 got mine at lordco. Gord

Thanks Gord, I'll give it a try!! frank