Fred here with his 64 Comet

Sassy

Supporting Member
Frank let me in the back door wnen you guys weren't looking,lol
Just found this forum today. Read a few threads and decided this is a good fit for me.
I'm a retired once and working again guy with a 1964 Mercury Comet.
Ive been married to Marilyn for 48 years this Oct, one son and two STUNNING,,,, granddaughters 3 and almost 6.
Lived in Saskaoon, Sk from birth to 54 retired and moved to Wynndel,BC.
Work the odd job to keep the bottomless pit (Sassy) rolling.
We have owned the Comet since 1974 and it has been the sourse of much fun, and a few,,, discussions. The car,, Sassy has been through a lot! Several different powertains, paintjobs, accidents, job discriptions and interior mods.
Rarely a winter goes by that it doesn't get changed in some aspect.
Will post pics etc when I find the right area.
Fred

Last edited:
Welcome to the site Fred. I worked at a mercury dealer when that car was new!!:)

Welcome Fred............I'm planning a trip out to Creston soon, will have to take a side tour up your way as it's a spot in this wonderful province I haven't visited yet.

Bgbkwndo.

Welcome Fred............I'm planning a trip out to Creston soon, will have to take a side tour up your way as it's a spot in this wonderful province I haven't visited yet.

Bgbkwndo.
Coffee's on if Im not out cruizin the Comet.
I understand there is drag racing at the Creston airport June 13 if that is of any interest.
Fred

Welcome Fred, post a pic of Sassy when you can! Imgur is easy enough that I figured it out eventually :)

Ditto, welcome aboard Fred. Sounds like you'll fit right in here. Looking forward to seeing what's happening on the Comet.

Thanks for the welcome guys!
Got a couple pics in the photo section but dont quite know where to share mods and the like yet, guidance down that dark hall accepted!
Nothing wrong with following someone, 'specially when there's 3 ft snow on the ground:D
Fred

The place for car description, build details, photos etc. is in the "Projects / General" area. Start a thread there. :)

Welcome! I used to have a comet, unfortunately we used it as a bush ralley car lol, I was amazing what that car went through and kept on going lol.

Welcome aboard. Looking for the pics but saw them in another category.

Good looking car.

The place for car description, build details, photos etc. is in the "Projects / General" area. Start a thread there. :)
I see your in Summerland, have you seen a black 64 Comet hardtop around?
Fred

One of my neibours, Norm Brown, had one that he had had since the 60s or 70s. He died unexpectedly about 3 years ago and his wife sold it. It had been in storage for many years so needed a complete go through. I don't know who has it now, but could find out. There may be another one around here too, but I don't know who's it is. I'll check with my group at the coffee shop when we get home from Oz and have served our quarantine time. I should also have some photos of Norms car at home.

Why? Are you looking to hoard a bunch of Comets because of Covid 19? ;)

Last edited:
Lol, no 1 Comet is enough for this old man, I was considering getting into the TP rush but was a little late to that party,,,
Its just a fellow posted on another forum Im on that his father passed, and willed this beautiful, straight cherry black 64 red interior, chrome reverse with moons. It took him a while to come to terms but had and was posting for advice on a heating issue that he solved.
My inquiring post was just conversation.
Fred

Okay, so while we're conversing, if you run into John Huscroft at Timmy's, say hi for me and tell him I say it's okay to retire now.

Huscroft hey, know the family name but John specically?
Besides Tims' is drive through only since C 19.