Flathead block and Merc crank

jvo

Supporting Member
I am cleaning up and getting rid of some excess stuff. I have an 8BA flathead block that was hot tanked, and magna fluxed by a local shop about 10 years ago. Its been sitting in the shop out of the weather since then. Only has a couple cracks into some threaded head bolt holes if I remember correctly. The easy fix ones.

Also a 4 inch Merc crank that magna fluxed fine, but has some surface rust on the bearing surfaces. I coated them with heavy grease years ago, so it should be fine to turn.

If anyone can use it, come and get it. If they turn out to be good, you could perhaps donate a couple hundred bucks to "the cause" to keep this site up and running. The donation could be after the fact. I just want them gone.

I will post contact info for any interested party, should that happen.

Our hobby must be dying. I can't believe no-one wants it. This is a good block and crank. I already have a "built" flathead in the corner of the shop awaiting the 27 T roadster project I have. I have another "runner" that doesn't smoke, that I personally took out of a one ton truck. It ran like a top.

I just don't need this. I'm 66 in a couple weeks. I'm lightening my life load as Tal described it to me last week. Already got rid of one project a couple months ago.
I have an engine for every project I have already.

Now I only have 5 major projects to do in the next decade or two, if I stay healthy enough.

No tricks to this deal. Free to whoever wants it. If you feel it was a good enough deal after the fact, then you could donate something.

your right john .cant believe no one has jump on that deal .if there's somebody out there heading down towards estevan area and has room .i would gladly throw in gas money if the deal is still available .

Well, my brother lives in Medicine Hat, so I'm sure I could get it that far. It is still here. I built a wooden crate for the crank many years ago, so it would travel well. The block is bare and clean, been hot tanked.