Email Addresses

Admin

Administrator
In the event that we move ahead with a conversion to new software, please ensure that your email address is current and correct in your profile.

I would appreciate it in the event that I have to communicate with you via email.

So, have a look please.

PROCESS

1) On the menu bar above, click on User CP
2) In the left hand column, click on "Edit Email and Password"
3) You should see you current or a previous email address. If it's correct, simply leave there. You don't have to save. Otherwise, correct it in the two spots. You'll need your password at the top to save a change.

Thanks for your help.

OK you got me won't let me change my email I know my new email but never remember pass words. Can't figure out how to change password
must be a good one if I don't know it

Al, Ive changed it for you in the system. I removed it from your post above for privacy reasons.

If you want ME to reset your password to a new one, send me an email using the Contact Us link in the menu bar at the bottom right of this page.

I suspect that we could have an issue after conversion for those that are permanently logged in here and have forgotten their passwords.

Al, Ive changed it for you in the system. I removed it from your post above for privacy reasons.

If you want ME to reset your password to a new one, send me an email using the Contact Us link in the menu bar at the bottom right of this page.

I suspect that we could have an issue after conversion for those that are permanently logged in here and have forgotten their passwords.

Went to check in today and for some reason I had been kicked out, really tested my memory had to log in again! Took a few secounds.. :confused: Thank Gawd for note pad! lol

I too have been logged in since the beginning of time, but all of a sudden yesterday I had to sign in each time I visit the site even though I click remember me.

Warren

Bash / Warren, not sure what's going on there. I'm not experiencing that.

What browser do you use? Did you clear history recently?

Have not cleared cookies or history and have been using Google Chrome for at least two years. This just started yesterday and persists to this moment. Even if I leave the site for ten seconds.

Warren

Using Chrome here to. But logged in again and came back now still OK! Thought maybe it had something to do with the new testing here? But seems OK now?

Bash/wuga, nothing to do with anything going on with the site.

The “remember me” function utilizes something called a “cookie”.

If the site you go back to finds the cookie on your machine, you’ll be automatically logged in.

These cookies expire sometimes so it could be that.

There are settings in the browsers where you can turn them off totally. I doubt you did that.

Al, I pretty much use Firefox exclusively but have the others for testing purposes. The reason I mainly use Firefox is that accurately displays web sites (and forums of course) as designed without font substitution, etc.

Ontario Rodders, Ontario Rodders Community, The HAMB, mail, facebook, VHRA and Summit all remember me. Even after I sign in to Canadian Rodder, I don't get the check marks showing new post. This is the only site.

Warren

Same here, this morning.
Had to login but not on other sites I frequent

Anyone else having issues?

I've checked today with four browsers.

All four remember me.

I get logged out every time I close my browser now. Never happened in the past.

I will try to explain what I have found so hopefully we can come to a good conclusion.
Google has a file called saved passwords. I have over 40 saved including at one time Canadian Rodder. Upon checking this file yesterday, Canadian Rodder has disappeared. I can sign into Canadian Rodder manually with no problem. If I right click on the password box, it asks me if I want a password created. If I say yes, a unique password is generated but not compatible with the password on file at Canadian Rodder. It does not allow me to input a password of my choosing. If I did not already have an account with Canadian Rodder, it would save the password I entered, but will not do so since the account already exists.
My solution, if it is possible, is to delete my sign-in at Canadian Rodder and have me reapply. Google will then save the new account and password and keep me logged in. The problem I see with this is losing any previous postings. When I create my new account, can anything I have done in the past be linked to the new account? Is there any other solution based on what I have said? I don’t want to have to sign in every time I come here, but I don’t want to lose any contribution I have already made.
Thanks
Warren