Draggins 50th car show

Looks like a great show, had a long conversation with the Packard owner in Spokane at the Good Guys show 2008.

Nice bunch of pics, Bash! Thanks for posting those. Only one "questionable" ride in the whole bunch, and tons of very impressive ones!
I wanted to come up for the show but got too busy with work and stuff. :(

Spent the day there yesterday , with a couple of Just Kruzin Members
with their vehicles on display , attempting to promote our June 19 Show/Swap
www.justkruzin.com/default.asp?eventprogram=event&mode=eventdetails&eventid=164

I believe there was record breaking attendance ( a rumour ,I'd heard !!!)
Quite possible at times during the day ,it was hard to move around or take pictures , I do have some I'll try to post later !!!!

My personal favourite the old 70's show car from Prince Albert !
"A VIRTUAL TIME CAPSULE"​

Bash

Thanks for taking the time to post the photos. looks like an awesome show:)

Thanks for posting the pics Bash. Just goes to show that stubble jumpers can build nice iron. ;)

Last edited:
That's for the pics Neil, i didn't attend this year.....been to the city 2 weekends in a row, needed to stay home.
This Draggins show is the longest running club run show in Canada, this from the Draggins web site.
Funny I am now starting to recognize a lot of the rides shown here.

The Candy apple 27? touring with the black top is my pal Morris.....he bleeds Ford blue and it eats him up to drive that with a Chev engine. He took Daina and i for a ride one night all over the city, her and i in the back seat, top down (the car's top) grinnin all night long.

The blue 56 Crown vic is one of the founding members car Ian Tiesson, i worked with him for 14 years and he never said a word about his past with the club.

Always a good show for the city.......starts the summer off !

...Thanks for the pics there Bash. Me and my Mary Ann made a fast trip to Toon Town to have a look. (No speeding ticket). Even thou I'm working 12 hour nights...Just cut in on my sleep a bit. Lots of cars, LOTS of people. When I was there, too crowded for photos.... :( .. Talked to the Draggins and they say it was a pile of work to put on the extra big Show. And, a bunch extra building rent... They are going back to their regular size Show next year.
That blue Crown that Thiessen used to own. I chased that car in the 70's trying to buy it. It was still the old candy apple red then with the old name "KREEPER" painted on the doors. No motor or trans by then, but a nice rust free body and 35k miles onthe speedo. The guy that owned it was a real bundle of fun to talk to. Never could strike a deal with him. Then appearantly a divorce came, she got the car, and sold it over night. It later resurfaced back in Saskatoon redone in the blue and owned by an aquantance of mine. He then sold it to a Draggins member. And he says its a permanent home for it. The stories that car could tell.......
Stan. .................

Stan that acquaintance would it have been John W? I touched up the body work and painted that car for him many a moon ago now Robert M owns it.. nice to see it out again although it is showing some age. like most of us LOL

Bash

...Yep, thems the guys there Bash. Saw John at the Show on Saturday, but lost him in the crowd before I could talk to him. :(
Stan. ........

Thanks for the pics from me too Bash! And thanks for spending your afternoon Thursday chauffeuring me around! I couldn't have made the show without your assistance.

This was the best show in recent memory for the Draggins and many, many others expressed to me the same feelings at the end of the weekend. Congratulations to the Club and all the volunteers who made the 50th one to remember...

-Dave

Excellent pics and video...thanks gents.

Why not try taking a monopod with you next time, many of the pics are nice and clear. Just a little camera shake from all the excitement!